Two year old German shepherd having excessive hair fall problem regularly

I am combing the dog.bathing practice- fortnightly.feeding- milk twice a day,pedigree-150 grams each twice a day, nonveg-200 grms per week

Asked by Member 1129679 on Sep 6th 2012 Tagged hair, fall in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Have you had him to the vet? German Shepherds shed a lot anyway, but if it's really excessive hair loss, then he/she needs to see a vet. Good Luck!

Sabi

Define excessive. There is a reason they are called German Shedders. As a breed they can be prone to a number of skin issues and it is shedding season. If you are concerned see your vet. But why are you feeding milk?

Sabi answered on 9/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with Sabi...they shed...a lot...all the time.
Suggestions: feed a better food..Pedigree is crap. Stop bathing so much...you're stripping the natural oils & exacerbating the shedding.

Tiara

I agree to the two many baths, also pedigree is not a good food. I know Nutro is good for coats and they offer your money back if it does not work

Tiara answered on 9/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Look into feeding a better food, Pedigree is crap.

Fromm is a great food to feed, learn more about Fromm at frommfamily.com

Most of the Fromm foods are grain free which is a plus for any dog. Dogs don't need grains in their diet.

Fromm is one of the best dog foods that you can feed to your dog. There's many different formulas to choose from which makes it easy to choose the perfect one for your dog.