TTA FAIL

My dog has TTA surgery on March 2012, 2 months after the surgery he was on three legs again, holding his operated leg high up, took him to the vet and had X-rays done, and it shows that the hardware has shifted, the ortho vet doesn't want to operate on my dog to fix it, or my other option is to remove all the hardware as there is clearly no use of it! my vet doesn't want to remove the hardware, i would like to know if its possible to do that with a TTA? remove all the hardware? Thank you !

Asked by Member 1142632 on Nov 27th 2012 Tagged ttajointhipdisplaysiadegenrativejointdisease in Health & Wellness

Answers

I would get a second opinion. Good Luck!

TTA surgery is pretty major. Pepper had a Luxated Patella fixed on the left Stifle then had TPLO on her right stifle a year later. Her LP surgery went so well she ran around and hurt herself, pretty common problem unfortunately.

Your dog should have been on a careful rehab program for 3-4 months post-surgery. A series of exercises should have been carefully taught to you by a rehab specialist.
At no time should your dog be off leash or allowed to run around or rough house.

If you were careful and you still have this problem, you have to consider the surgeon did a poor job. Please look for a very highly recommended orthopedist to repair the problem.