Prince

Ticks?

Prince has had 6 ticks in the past 2 days, I'd like to keep them off but i'd rather not use medicines to do it. Has anyone used anything that works but isn't medicine?

Asked by Prince on May 18th 2012 in Flea & Tick Prevention

Best Answer

Keeping your yard treated will probably help; you might see if there is a natural product you can sprinkle or spray on. As for a body spray to use on him, I love PETfection Bug Spray. It is 100% Organic and prevents fleas, ticks, & mosquitoes. It probably won't kill the ticks that are already on him, but you can use it to keep them off in the future! I think it smells good too, no nasty chemical smell. I hope this helps!

Wyatt answered on May 23rd.

Answers

Maggie Mae

we are on a plan with our local pest control and treat our yard quarterly. We still use a spot on treatment but not on a monthly basis. We use it for when we go to the dog park or something to keep them safe. Even though they have their Lyme's vaccine, ticks and mites can carry other diseases that can harm your pet. The yard treatment is definitely less invasive.

Maggie Mae answered on 5/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sarge

I treat my yard once to twice a year with Ortho Bug-B-Gon max lawn and garden insect kill ready to spray or Bayer Avanced Complete insect killer. You just hook it to your garden hose and spray your yard and it lasts for about 3 months. . It kills fleas ticks and many other bugs. once it dries its safe for you and your pets. I have never had any of my dogs have problems with fleas or ticks.

Sarge answered on 5/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

IMO, pesticides sprayed in your yard are no less dangerous than monthly products like advantix, and probably are MORE dangerous because they can enter the ground water systems so easily and affect hundreds of people, not just one.