Azura

Should I trust this?

I have seen two ads about this website from people that have supposedly used it but it almost seems a to good to be true thing. This website allows you to purchase heartworm perscriptions without the perscription. Which could come in use since their prices are lower then my vet.

www.vidalspets.com

I just want to know really could I trust it?

Asked by Azura on Feb 22nd 2010 in Heartworm Control

Answers

Found this on their FAQ:
Do I need prescription from my vet?
No. VidalsPets only sell products that are available without a prescription in Australia. Heartworm prevention medications and wormer medications are classified as over the counter in Australia. It is the pet parent/owner's responsibility to ensure that their pets are tested for heartworm prior to use of product.

Why are your products so cheap?
VidalsPets sources its products from Australia. The drug companies sell these products outside the US at a lower price.
This together with lower overheads and through use of technology we are able to pass on these savings to our customers.
All our products are original and genuine with the longest expiry dates that are currently available.

You will have to decide to take a chance. Shipping might take forever! What would you do if the order was wrong? What if Azura had a bad reaction to some of the meds? I would be asking these kinds of questions before I ordered.
Good luck.

The Ivermectin that is the active ingredient in many heartworm remedies is actually rather cheap. In fact it has saved the sight of millions of people in Africa where it only costs pennies a day to prevent river blindness. So there are valid ways around the high prices here.

Be very careful. Giving it to a dog with mature heartworms may kill it.

Personally, I would never do this. A few years ago, there were some online sites that sold "medication" that were actually not meds at all. They were just talc or worse.

I'm not saying that this site isn't legit. It very well may be.

But I would never take this chance. And I would never give any kind of medication to my dog without the vet's advice.

It's definitely tempting to save that money, but I personally don't feel it's been proven safe unless you get it from a vet or someone you are buying from in person in your local community, like a feed or supply store.