shiloh Bear

scwt

i am thinking about getting a scwt can anybody tell me about them? mainly ppl who have them

Asked by shiloh Bear on Apr 7th 2009 in Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

Answers

They are awesome dogs and came very close to getting one.
They are used to chase and hunt vermin. So some of them have alot of prey drive.
I think they are very nice and I see there is some rescues out there.
I would type in the breed on the AKC site to learn more about them. I would research any breed before buying.
What was appealing for me was their size, personality, and the coat I believe was non shedding. I have seen alot of people near me with some walking, probaly came from same place I saw them at. good luck:)

Zack

Here is a good place to start researching:

www.scwtca.org

Zack answered on 4/7/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Brutus

We have to Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers- a 9 month old puppy, Brutus, and a 3 year old adult, Buckeye,- and they are absolutley amazing. They are so darn loveable and SOFT. Check out their pages, we have some cute pictures!!
Anyway, Wheaties start off as dark coated puppies and grow up to be a dog with a silky, wheat/white coat. They get lighter as they grow. Wheatens also have cute beards, which can be trimmed if you dont want them long, and here is one of the best things about them- they don't shed! Hypo-allergenic is what they are called.
All Wheatens are different- both ours are calm and our neighbor's is on the wild side. Almost all of them are friendly towards people though. They dont need too much excersize- daily walks are good for all Wheaties.
We hope you get a SCWT because they really are amazing pals. No matter what Wheaten you get you'll LOVE them!

Brutus answered on 7/23/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer