Oreo

pregnate dog question! PLEASE HELP!

My pregnate Pomeranian isn't acting normal. She was all right the other day. She vomited the water and treats I gave her last night she vomited about 2 times. She won't sleep on the ground expect on couch. Is this normal? Or should I be concered. She pee today and yesterday she was walking slow. But today she was walking normal. But she has been sleeping all day. She also drinks ton of water. She was bred sometimes in Jan 18-25 my male escaped and I think they bred. She has cotton fatter. Please help me.

Asked by Oreo on Feb 23rd 2013 Tagged dogpuppy in Pregnancy

Answers

You should have a vet check her out, esp. since she's pregnant. Like women, dogs need to be checked out occasionally when their pregnant. Small dogs sometimes have complications. You really need to have a vet check her. Also, google the dog treats you gave her and make sure there not on the recall list. They are always recalling different dog treats. Good Luck!

Get her to a vet and start saving your money in case you need to do a c-section or your dog has other complications. Start researching and getting all the stuff you will need together. Breeding is NOT cheap! Another option you can discuss with your vet is called a gravid spay.

She very likely could have pyometria, which is an infection of her uterus and it usually shows up 4 to 5 weeks AFTER a heat. Symptoms are vomiting, bloated belly, excessive drinking and peeing. This is an emergency and she needs a vet right now to save her life if this is her problem.
She would only be half way thru her pregnancy and should not have any symptoms from that at this point. Also, this early in her pregnancy, she should NOT even have a swollen belly yet.
She needs a vet NOW to save her life!!! You will most likely need to go to an emergency clinic as this cannot wait until Monday if she does, indeed have pyometria!!!