Gia

PLEASE help me!

Okay, so I love animals alot and I want to help the ones in the shelter near me by throwing a big fundraiser in my entire town any ideas like a carwash? Then maybe a bake sale on the side? Or a walk? Any info would be great thank you so much!

Asked by Gia on Sep 26th 2011 in Local Spots & Services

Answers

Amazing Grace

All the towns around me have pet festivals where they invite pet related vendors and other non-profit groups to set up booths. People and pets come to shop and get information on their favorite cause. The festivals get a good turn out even if they're on back-to back weekends.

Amazing Grace answered on 9/26/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

face painting was huge this year, try that there is always many children at dog fund raisers.
You can also make organic dog treats for sale. and even balloons for the kids sell the balloons

As a former manager of a Humane Society shelter, I would suggest that anything you come up with be presented to the shelter board for their approval prior to using their name with the event.
Funding raising for an organization is wonderful and definitely needed and appreciated, BUT... some of the things people did in our name were absolutely scary. Most notably, a 5 mile dog walk in 95+ heat, starting right at noon. Ironically, we were called by local vets to put a stop to it since so many dogs were becoming seriously ill from heat exhaustion and/or heat stroke.
Had these people run this by our board first we certainly would have pointed out the dangers of their plan, instead we had people condemning US for planning that type of a fundraiser in the middle of the Summer, assuming since our name was being used we must have approved of it.

Great answer Toto. I would stick to one idea though. There is a massive amount of work to do to organize one thing, let alone 2 or 3. A car wash-doggie wash might be fun. You will need to have a lot of planning time, get volunteers, research city ordinances, get permits, advertise, etc. I hope you go ahead with this & raise lots of $$. Good luck.