Passive Aggressive Soiling?

I adopted my rescue mix Rilo nine months ago. He's a handful, but after a few months, I finally trained him to stop urinating/defecating in my studio apartment.

However, three months ago I started dating someone, and he spends a lot of time at my apartment. While he seemed fine with it at first, over the past week, Rilo has started urinating and defecating in the kitchen (the only part of the apartment we can't see) when we aren't paying explicit attention to him. Mind you, he NEVER does this when it's just the two of us.

We give him a lot of attention and he seems to love my boyfriend, but it still strikes both of us as being his passive aggressive way of telling us that he doesn't want to share me.

Thoughts?

Asked by Member 1144927 on Dec 12th 2012 Tagged passiveagressive, passiveaggression, urination, defecation, rescue, relationship in House Soiling

Answers

tessa

hello..just be consistant with what you expect from him..and reward him when he does good take him for a routine walk with your boyfriend and yourself as a statement to say hes part of the pack..good luck and keep loving him...

tessa answered on 12/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer