Kiya

I've added some better pictures. Same question.

These pics should help out. I think she is purebred AmStaff, but she's my first of the breed. My cousin raises Pits, and has a friend who raises AmStaffs and he don't think she is. I get it both ways. Either way, she is a sweetheart and only cost $25. The original owner wanted to make room for another Boxer, as he is gonna start breeding them.

On Edit: I saw the original owner's ad for her in the classifieds and thought it was a misprint. I don't know him, but she appeared to be taken care of when I went to see where she was kept.

I have no plans on breeding her, actually she will be fixed next Wednesday. I don't want her bred by my wife's Dachshund, that would be hideous.

Asked by Kiya on Mar 17th 2008 in American Staffordshire Terrier

Best Answer

Makia 1996-2008

My first thought was Am Staff/Boxer mix. Her snout does not look Boxer but her ears do.

Makia 1996-2008 answered on Mar 17th.

Answers

Same answer from me. I think that she is purebred.
I hope that your friends are reputable breeders, they will just do damage if they breed for the wrong reasons (ie money, to see "miracle of birth", because they believe the myth that a female needs to have one litter be being fixed, etc.)
The only right reason is because they want to help keep the breed healthy. That means only breeding dogs that fit the standard pretty well, making sure that they get at least one title first, do health tests (OFA, CERF, hips, elbows), don't breed any of their dogs under the age of two, and don't breed any of their female dogs over the age of seven.
www.dogster.com
Sorry to be preachy, but that was important.

Nemo the Underdog

She looks like a mix but I don't understand your question. I hope you don't plan on breeding your dog, or really any dogs in general. We have a pet overpopulation problem and 400,000 homeless dogs were euthanized last year in Virginia, do you know how many were put down where you live„? By breeding dogs you will only be adding to this problem, and tell your friends this too. If she isn't already, have your pup fixed. She'll live a longer healthier life
good luck

Nemo the Underdog answered on 3/17/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer