how long is menstral cycle

at what age does a female bishon stop having her cycle? Is 9years old too late to have her fixed

Asked by Member 1065717 on Oct 23rd 2011 in Breeds A-B

Answers

Technically dogs don't get menstrual cycles, they get estrus (AKA "heat"). Just saying. ^^;

Definitely not too late, but something you may want to inquire about is the possibility of how well she'll handle the anesthesia.

Starbutt

I thought a dog will have a heat till they are in the ground. maybe I am wrong M..... yup I agree to the vet or call you vet or you can look it up on the net.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 10/24/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

she may never stop. they don't go through menopause. but sometimes they can get a prolapse uterus or infection and then you have to do a spay.

Coot

not too late to have her fixed, but as it was said already, check with the vet about the anesthesia. There are a lot more precautions to take with an older dog and surgery.

Coot answered on 1/2/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer