Tatzen

How do you loosen a puppy tooth?

Our puppy is loosing the last of his teeth (yay!) Unfortunately, he's growing in his adult canines and hasn't lost either of his upper baby/puppy canines yet.

I called the vet, who said watch them until he's about 8 months, and if they're not out then, he'll need to be knocked out and have them pulled.

I'd really rather him not have to be put under again (neutering has already occurred), so if anyone has helpful tips on how to get these puppy teeth out on their own, I'd REALLY appreciate it!!

Thank you!
Karen & Tatzen

Asked by Tatzen on Oct 19th 2008 Tagged teething, loosetooth, babyteeth, puppyteeth in Health & Safety

Answers

Give it time. If it doesn't come out on it's own follow the vet's suggestions. If you break the tooth or something you could end up with a lot bigger problem.

Chances are that if you ignore it, one day you'll find that it's come out on it's own and you won't even know when it happened.

The same thing happened to Tesla. Same teeth and everything. Hers came out on their own a while ago, maybe when she was around 6 months old.