Help???

I have a Miniature Pinscher and she is over a year old. Me and my dog at the moment with with my fiance grandparent, and they are really nice people. The only thing is that they spoil my dog to the point where she don't really act like a dog anymore. When she wants attention all she does to get is shake like crazy and they pick her up and baby her to where she does it all the time now. I wanted her to be a little bit spoiled and have her sleep in my bed with me but now when she gets in trouble by peeing, pooing in the house; getting into the trash, and tearing up paper; and now she jumping onto the tables and counter tops to eat food that was up there, and when I tell her no and smack her nose with my finger she goes running to them and they baby her to where she thinks it ok to do that stuff and ignore me. She now where she wont play with her toys anymore and wants to be held. I know that grandparents spoils the kids when they are over but now my dog isn't the same dog I had before

Asked by Member 1173083 on Jun 1st 2013 Tagged spoiled, behavior in Behavior & Training

Answers

Pineapple Smushface

This is what happens when you live with other people and by their rules. There's not much you can say when you are living in their house for free. Just save your $$ and when you move into your own place realize that you are going to have to untrain and retrain your dog... no people food, peeing in the home, etc. Be thankful that at least your dog is healthy, but don't let them cook for her or you are going to have a really hard time getting her to eat dog food again. ^_^

Pineapple Smushface answered on 2/20/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer