Close X
shiloh Bear

dog tricks

shiloh is a 4year old chow/akita mix who knows how to jump,sit,lay down, speak,beg,and sit up what other tricks can i teach him

Asked by shiloh Bear on Mar 23rd 2010 in Commands

Shiver Me Timbers

I taught Charlie the difference between my left side and right side, so if I say "Left side." he'll circle around behind me and sit at my left. Or "Right side." in which he does the opposite side. You could also teach Shiloh "Gimme ten" and "Gimme five", shake a paw, other paw, back up, play dead, turn lights on or off, open the fridge and get you something and close the fridge door, spin(circle/turn), wave goodbye, leg weave, watch me, say your prayers, directed retrieve and directed jumping, roll over, fetch your slippers, food refusal, get the leash, crawl, bow, etc.

The gimme ten, gimme five, waving goodbye and turning lights on and off should be easier since he knows sit up already. Going from there was how I taught Charlie those tricks, although he's too short to reach a light. Start off with one trick until he has it down and then move on to others.

Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie" answered on 3/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rollover!!!! :)

♣Duchess♣ answered on 3/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I know how to teach dogs these following tricks/manners:

Leash manners
Find the remote
Close the door
Chase your tail
Hide & seek
Play dead
High five
Walk backwards

Well, I know a lot of tricks/manners. Please paw-mail me if you want to know how to teach your dogs these tricks!

My dog knows jump through a hullahoop, weaving between my legs while walking or standing still, targeting(Very helpful in teaching new tricks), rollover, play dead, pick up his toys after himself, drop it, takes my socks off for me, shuts doors, I lock him in a room and hide one of his toys in the house and when I let him out he'll search the house until he finds it, Jump over my legs and over my arms, balance a toy on his nose and catch it when I give him the cue, Sit, lay, stay, down, go to bed, give me a hug, ect. I'm a dog trainer so if you want to learn any of these tricks I can tell ya the process!

Sig answered on 4/1/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer