Diamitatious Earth?

I know this is a dog food site but I was looking for answers on diamitatious earth and I couldn't find it anywhere else. I have two horses that I plan on worming naturally using Diamitatious Earth but i dont know how to give it to them. Ive heard that you can't just give it to them, that it needs to be diluted, how do I do this? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Asked by Member 936016 on Jan 5th 2010 in Worms & Parasites

Answers

It's a dog site, not just for dog food actually. Food just happens to be a commonly discussed/asked-about subject on here.
I don't know anything about giving horses diamitatious earth, but I wish you good luck in finding out. I do know people on here who own/have owned horses, so someone should be able to answer you adequately.
I've gone the natural flea treatment route with my dogs as well, except I used garlic powder.

Be sure it is Food Grade. I think there is one kind used in swimming pools. You don't want that.
Here's a link I found that should help. You could google for more info too.
My info may be old, but I have always used it dry. Don't breath the powder! I have used it in the past with dairy goats.
Diatomaceous earth

www.earthworkshealth.com