about how long do huskies live?

my german shepherd lived to about 13 before he went 2 the rainbow bridge do huskies have about the same lifespand?

Asked by Abby on Nov 28th 2008 Tagged huskylifespand in Siberian Husky

Answers

Dexter

Barring any illnesses, diseases, injuries, etc., the average is about 12 years. It goes without saying that many can and do live onto near 15 and over. My mom had two-they were sisters-one made it to 10 and the other made it to 18.

Dexter answered on 11/28/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Huskies with proper care have a typical lifespan of 12-15 years.

dino

Big dogs generally have a shorter lifespan than small dogs. Their hearts and other organs have to work harder to support their large size. Any dog that makes it to 12 or 13 or older has had a long blessed life and is a lucky doggie. Every extra day you are given to spoil and nurture and cuddle your old doggie pal is a gift.

dino answered on 11/28/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

niko

it ment to be if looked after well 15 years or most live between 10-15 year

niko answered on 1/27/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I believe as long as you feed a high quality food, take good care of your dog, exercise your dog daily (mentally and physically) and don't vaccinate, it'll live a longer and healthier life. Those are my beliefs.