Magic Girl

Siberian Husky
Picture of Magic Girl, a female Siberian Husky

Photo Comments

Home:Philadelphia, PA  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Female   Weight: 26-50 lbs

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Magic Girl

Pupper Pooch, Fluppers, Fluppy Puppy, Pampered Pooch

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Quick Bio:
-purebred-dog rescue

Belly rubs!

Someone sitting in Mommy's chair. Doesn't like her paws wet.

Favorite Toy:
A stuffed Gingerbread Man and 'Rudy' a stuffed Reindeer (These are her "Babies")

Favorite Food:
She eats Purina One mixed with Moist n Meaty and ground turkey.

Favorite Walk:
She loves to go down the park. She runs on a 30ft. lead.

Best Tricks:
She doesn't really do any tricks, she is a very laid back dog.

Arrival Story:
We went to a shelter in the area to see another dog that we saw on Petfinder, but the dog we went to see just was not interersted in people. So we walked around the shelter to see the other dogs. We saw another one that we were interested in, but all he wanted to do was jump up and eat my daughters hair. So we went back into the shelter to look again. We were walking past her cage and she was outside looking under the door (a doggie door in her cage). When ever we walked by she would 'woo-woo' at us, but when we tried to call her over she just backed away. She woo-wooed at us a few more times before she would come in to her cage, When she finally came over to us, we fell in love with her. We adopted her on the spot, however we had to wait for a few more days before we could take her home, because she was picked up as a stry only 2 days before and they had to give her owners time to look for and possibly find her. Finally the day came when she was eligible for adoption, but we still had to wait to bring her home, she had Kennel Cough and she had to be spayed before they would release her. The following week, she still was not spayed - her Kennel Cough was worst and they did not want to risk an infection. We convinced the shelter to let us finalize the adoption and take her home, and she has been our pride and joy ever since.

I've Been On Dogster Since:
December 19th 2004 More than 12 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family
Georgie GirlPele

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

Magic Moments

Lazy Pup

September 9th 2005 4:15 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

I have not been doing much. I have been a Lazy Pup, just lounging around doing nothing.
Since the weather has finally gotten nice around here, me amd Mom have started sitting out on the patio in the morning while Mom drinks her coffee. I sit there and watch all the other neighborhood doggies go for their walkies.
(I get my walkies really early in the morning, just as the sun is coming up. It is nice and cool out then.)
Andee is back in school now, so it is just me and Mom all day. This is the time of year when I sometimes get two morning walkies. Sometimes Mommy take me when she takes Andee to the bus.
We went for walkies to the store last night and on the way home we saw Rollo. He's my friend down the street. He is a Siberian and Airdale mix - a cutie. He is still a puppy but he is bigger than me! He was in his yard and running around doing puppy stuff, and guess what? He does Husky woo-woos!
We also saw Daddy's friend Jeremiah, his wife and one of their little boys. They are very nice people, but I am still afraid of little children. The little boy wanted to pet me, I didn't want him to, but Mommy, Daddy and Jeremiah helped the little boy pet me. They tried to explain to him that I was afraid, and told him to be gentle. He listened better than most little kids. He did not try to kiss me - which is good, and he was really nice and gentle.

If all little children were like him I would not be so afraid.

His Mommy and Daddy were nice too, they told him after a few minutes that he had to leave me alone - not more petting - because I was afraid. They told him that he could talk to me but no more petting or touching. He cried but I think he understood.


How I Got Here

August 12th 2005 5:08 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Dad Said I should write the story of how I got here, it is a long story, but here goes:

Mom, Dad and Andee went to the Animal Orphanage in New Jersey. They actually went to see another doggy named Belle, but Belle did not really like them. She would not come near them and every time they went to pet her, she would run away.

They then looked at another dog who was only intreested in eating Andee's hair - weird dog?!

So they went inside to the kennel area to see who else was there.

They walked by my pen just as I was coming in from outside. I looked at them and woo-wooed. They stopped, but I was afraid, so I didn't say anything, and they walked away. When they started to walk by again, I ran outside then looked under the doggie-door at them, and woo-wooed again. Dad was reading my card - it didn't say too much because I was only there a couple of days - then he stooped down and tried to get me to come over to him. I was afraid, so I just stayed where I was an wooed. Finally, I decided to go over and see what he wanted. I went really slow. I went close enough for him to put a few fingers through the gate so he could pet me. Dad was talking to me, telling me everything was alright, and he was asking me what happened to my ears? (I was left out in the snow and the freezing cold weather, and my ears got frostbite - I lost the tips of both ears!).

Dad asked the girls if he could take me out into the yard to play. So they put a leash on me and out we went. When they left me off of the leash I ran to the corner of the yard. I was afraid and I wanted a few minutes to get an idea of what these people wanted. They seemed OK, even nice. Andee (she is the daughter) seemed like she wanted to play, but I did not want to play. After a few minutes I walked over to them very slowly. I did not get too close, I went over just to check them out. I stopped a few feet from them, and just sat and looked at them, then I went a little closer, and a little closer, until they were able to pet me.

I layed down next to them and asked for belly rubs - I got them! Lots of belly-rubs. Wow this was great! I like these people, I think I'll keep them!

They took me back to the kennel. I did not like this. I wanted to get away from there and go to a home of my own, but it looks like I wasn't going yet.

Mom told the Lady at the front counter that she wanted to adopt me. The Lady said that they would have to wait for a week before they could do that. Mom looked so disappointed! The Lady said that according to the law, they have to keep me at the shelter for a week just in case my owners were looking for me. (They weren't, those people were the reason I had lost my ears, they left me out in the cold, they didn't take care of me or want me.) She said I would also have to be spayed before I could go with them. Mom said she did not care what had to be done, but that she WANTED ME!! Mom filled out the papers and was told that I would be spayed Wednesday of that week (it was now Sunday), and that they could pick me up on Thursday. So I was going to have a home of my own! Yippie!!

Mom called everyday, but when Wednesday rolled around I was not spayed. They put me at the end of the list and the Vet that was visiting that day (the shelter had volunteer vets that visited every Wednesday) did not get around to spaying me. So they had to wait. I had to wait. I did not want to wait, I wanted to go to my forever home.

They came to visit over the weekend. They could not stay too long because they got there late. Mom had a very busy work scheule that week. I was still a little afraid but at least I knew these people liked me. The visit was way too short and eventually they had to leave.

Again, Mom called everyday. When Wednesday rolled around I did not get spayed. I was sick. I had developed Kennel Cough (a doggie flu). I felt horrible. Mom told them to take care of me and that they could not get there until the weekend.

When they came to see me on the weekend, Mom was relly worried. I was so sick. I was coughing, there was this gooey stuff coming out of my nose and sometimes my mouth when I coughed. Dad was so upset that he told Mom that I was not going to stay there another night! They went to the office to see if they could get me out of there, and they DID! They had to promise that I would be spayed as soon as possible, which they promised to do. They signed all the papers, and I was on my way to my new Forever Home!

Check back for my comtinuing adventures...


My First Post

August 10th 2005 4:33 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

This is way cool.
Mom does this journal thingy all the time in a book, but now it's my turn, he-heh.

It's been hot here in Philly. Too hot to do anything but lay around and do nothing. I am in the air conditioning most of the time so it isn't too bad. Me and Dad take early morning walkies before he goes to work, and all three of us take walkies after the sun goes down.

I am missing my runs down the park. We go every week when it it cool out, we even go in the snow - my favotite time to go - but with it being so hot we don't go as often. Which is giving me really bad cases of the zoomies and diggies. Mom and Dad don't mind the zoomies too much, but I usually get hollared at for the diggies, especially when I do the diggies on the sofa! I have my own spot to do the diggies - a sheet that Mom put in my beds - but the sofa is so much more fun.

Well gotta run. It's time for some peanut butter.

See all diary entries for Magic Girl