Close X


Chloe' - Queen of the Farm

Crazy weekend...crazy mom!

April 29th 2013 12:51 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

This past weekend was girls weekend at the cabin. It was mom, Nancy, me, Echo and Gizmo and let me tell you, it was one of the craziest weekends I've had in a long time.

It started out with Echo and I waiting in the car at the barn while some lady came to work on the horses. Jada was out so we had to stay in the car, but I didn't mind as long as Jada didn't bother us. The lady finally got done and we headed to the cabin. Mom thought it would take longer cause of some car show, but we made it in our regular time. After we got there mom cut the grass as usual. She didn't cut the field this time so I just hung out on the patio with Nancy. After grass cutting it was time to grill. I love when people grill cause it smells soooo good! Mom did slip me a little piece of steak when Echo wasn't looking (she's not allowed to have it, vet's orders) and it was yummy:)The rest of the night was just relaxed and watched TV.

Saturday was the craziest day. It didn't start out that way. All of us, except Gizmo, went out yardsaling. First we stopped at this big flea market and mom let us walk around with them. She only had one leash so Echo and I had to share, but mom said we are so good that would't be a problem and it wasn't. We walked together side by side without any issues. A lot of people kept petting us and telling us how pretty we are and how well behaved. Would they expect anything less? From there we went to two other places, but mom just let us stay in the car cause they weren't gone too long. Because we were so good mom decided we were going to Mexico for ice cream... YEAH!! Okay, when I say Mexico people think like the country of Mexico but that's not it. Mexico is a little town in Juniata County where they have the best ice cream ever! Mom always gets each of us a scoop of vanilla and we sit at the picnic table and enjoy the yummy ice cream. I think mom posted a picture of us there with Nancy.

After we finished our ice cream we went back to the cabin and mom and Nancy just laid out on the patio and enjoyed the sun and us dogs chilled in the shade under the trees. It was in the low 70's and a beautiful day! But that is when it started to get a little crazy. There were lots of bumble bees buzzing around and for some reason, they just would not let mom and Nancy alone. They kept buzzing around them and even landed on Nancy a couple of times. After a while mom got tired of it and got the fly swatter. Well let me tell you, mom is a crazy person with that swatter. Bumble bees are pretty fast and they very rarely land so mom was swinging and swatting and trying everything she could to get them buggers. You know me, I'm afraid of most things so when mom started that craziness, I hightailed it to the other side of the cabin. I knew mom would never hit me, but it still freaks me out. After about 10 minutes she finally gave up and I went back to my relaxing in the shade.

Mom grilled again and after dinner we went for a Kubota ride. It was really nice and I had a lot of fun as always:) When we got back mom and Nancy wanted to make smores so mom started a fire. I'm not big on the fire thing so I hung out at the far end of the patio. Mom was on the phone with our friend Pat from North Carolina when she really went crazy. Mom saw an opposum walking in the field and heading toward the horse pen. Now keep in mind it is like 5-6pm and daylight, not even close to dark. From what mom says, opposums don't come out until dark so right then mom thought something was wrong. Plus, it was heading for the horse pen and although we didn't have the horses with us, there is something with opposums and horses that can kill a horse so mom definitely didn't want this opposum around. Next thing I know, mom grabs the fire poker and takes off running through the field yelling. She was really acting nutty. She told us dogs to stay and honestly I had NO intention of following this crazy lady. So I watch and when she gets to where the possum is she yells and stomps her feet trying to chase it away. Well I don't know what it did, but it didn't move at all. Mom opened the gate to try and chase it, but she said it just looked at her, bared its teeth and made a really weird noise, but it still wouldn't move. Mom then started to beat the metal fire poker on the bars of the horse pen and it made a really, really loud noise. This is when I decided to exit, stage right and took off to the other side of the cabin. I don't really know what happened then cause I couldn't see, but I did hear more banging and Echo barking. I'm sure Echo can tell you exactly what happened cause she was in the midst of it, of course. After about 5 minutes mom came back and all seemed back to normal. But that didn't last long.

Mom and Nancy were making smores and Echo and I were playing with the ball by the patio when I heard something behind the cabin and Echo heard it too. We were both starring intensely and mom kept looking to see what we were seeing and when she found it she about flipped out. It was the possum and it was right behind the cabin. Mom ran to the door and made us both go in the cabin. Again, I don't know what happened cause we were inside and couldn't see anything, but mom was on the phone a couple times then went back outside with her gun. Echo was going insane barking and wanted out and I went back and hid beside the bed. After a little while I heard a BANG! and mom came in and got a pair of gloves. I can only assume that she took care of the possum. But I know she wasn't happy about it because she was shaking and crying. Mom loves animals and hates to hurt them. In fact, mom is one who picks up worms and puts them off the driveway so they don't get run over. Yeah, I know, she's nuts. So that's why I know something must have been terribly wrong with the possom for mom to hurt it. After it was all done, I heard mom telling dad on the phone about it and I heard the word "rabies" and I know that's not a good thing. Mom said she was upset about what she had to do, but she couldn't take a chance of one of us dogs or even a person getting bit cause the possum was sick.

The rest of the night was uneventful and I'm glad because that was all the excitement I could take for one day.

Sunday was the usual. We got up, mom kicked us outside while she cleaned the cabin and got things put away. However, our trip home was better cause we stopped at Red Rabbit on the way back and you know what that means... BUNNY BURGERS!!!! No not real bunnies, just burgers that they call bunny burgers cause the place is called Red Rabbit and it's really cool. We stay in the car and the waitress comes and takes our order then brings the food to our cars. I love this place cause I know we always get our bunny burger. Mom even let Echo have some. It was really yummy and a good way to end our weekend trip:)

When we got home we all just relaxed and as you can see from the picture mom posted, I crashed hard! I was so tired from all the excitement over the weekend that I slept from like 4pm until the next morning. Mom had to wake me up to go potty before bed. Hey, what can I say, I'm getting older and I need my beauty sleep... BOL:D

So that was my exciting weekend and it really was exciting. I don't know how anything can compare to that, but I'm okay with having boring weekends away. I don't know what's in store for this week. I was suppose to go visit with Danny tonight, but it's raining so that won't happen. I also think I'm having a visit at Manor Care this week and that will be nice because Echo went last time so I miss my peoples.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and a little less excitement than I did. Have a good one and bark at you soon!


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
2 + 5 =


Chloe' - CGC, KPETS


Family Pets

Nikkita (In
Loving Memory)
Mickey (In
Loving Memory)


(What does RSS do?)