July 20th 2012 11:28 am
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]
After spending 4 and a half days in captivity....a Kennel....the pawrents FINALLY retrieved me, 'n' took me home. However, I was attacked by a case of the "runs", 'n' not the fun kind if you get my drift! I was leaving messes all over the house 'n' the folks couldn't get me outside fast enough. It was truly humiliating for me 'cause I am fastidious, as are all basenjis, 'bout keeping clean 'n' odor free. Not this week, though. Daddy had finally had enough, 'specially the 3:00 a.m. trips outside with me, so he took me 'n' a sample of you-know-what to the vet, expecting to hear big words like "clostridium whatever" or food-poisoning, etc. I thought this sounded great as a reason, 'cause maybe they'd blame it on the kennel 'n' I wouldn't have to go there again.
WRONG!!! The vet said there was nothing wrong with my insides that a little relief from Stress wouldn't take care of. Go figure.....STRESS!!! Looking back, though, it seems a reasonable conclusion. Let me enumerate the sequence:
1. Big, bad Derecho storm hits 'n' I'm in the house alone as trees 'n' branches fall all around 'n' the lights go out.
2. My skin bro 'n' his family come to stay at our house when we get light 'n' air the next day 'cause we're lucky enough to be on the hospital grid. Others near to our neighborhood were not so lucky. Did I mention that said skin bro brought his 2 doggies? That makes 6 people 'n' 3 doggies, counting moi.
3. Next, my skin sis 'n' her tribe arrive. (They didn't bring their pups, thank goodness!) Now we have 9 people 'n' 3 doggies.
4. My skin uncle, who lives nearby, came to stay 'cause he had no light or air, 'n' he also brought 2 pups with him! By this time everyone is scrambling for a bed! (BTT skin bro had light 'n' had gone home.)
5. After all had gone home, 5 days later, I had the pawrents for 2 days 'n' then THEY LEFT for 4 days, putting me in the kennel.
My nice comfy 'n' safe routine had been destroyed, hence the Stress. The pawrents are breathing (no pun intended) more easily now that they know the reason for my "illness" 'n' are now groveling 'n' promising me faithfully that where they go, I get to go too.
I guess this proves that sometimes bad things can be turned around for the good.
Leave A Comment | 3 people already have
Hope things are better Shaki (((( hugs ))))
Poor soul !!!!!!!!!!
Aww Shaki...I'm so glad all is well. You scared me when I first began reading. I hope you are feeling better sweetie.