Close X


Mia's Memoirs

(Page 11 of 21: Viewing Diary Entry 101 to 110)  
[First 10 Diary Entries] Page Links:  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  [Last 10 Diary Entries]  

Cardiology Re-check

October 13th 2012 9:54 am
[ View A Comments (3) ]

Yesterday was my cardiology re-check and overall it went well. X-rays show there is considerably less fluids in the lungs and clinically I am stable and doing much better. There are two current issues. One is that the new blood work shows the kidney levels are now a bit elevated from the lasix. This is a medication I really need to stay on right now though so the lungs can clear. They wanted to increase it but decided against it when the blood results came in. The second is still my lack of appetite. They started me on mirtazapine yesterday and it really helped my appetite but then later last evening and still this morning I seem to have more labored breathing. Mom isn't sure if it was the medication or the stress from yesterday but has decided against giving me any more this weekend until we can consult the cardiologist on Monday. The search continues for something I'll eat.

Thank you for all the wonderful love and support.



Another seizure like episode

October 13th 2012 7:02 pm
[ View A Comments (5) ]

About thirty minutes ago Mia experienced another seizure like episode. We don't know why the heart medications are not working right now or what happened since yesterday to make her condition so much worse but she is not doing well right now. Just when we thought we were making progress we take two steps back. This is very disheartening. We don't know if we are really doing her any favors by forcing her to take all these pills. I just hope the good Lord will either help her to improve or help us to make the right decision for her.


Back in ICU

October 13th 2012 11:23 pm
[ View A Comments (16) ]

We took Mia back to the University of Minnesota after her seizure and they have her back in ICU in an oxygen kennel. Today's x-ray shows the lungs are full of fluids once again. We were hoping she might be able to come home but they want to keep her until morning.

Once again she really needs the power of the paw. We desperately want to be able to pull her out of failure but the ER vet says if we can't pull her out this time, it would only be harder if it happens again. Considering how quickly her heart failed even on medication, this may be her only chance to pull through.


Home and resting

October 15th 2012 10:10 am
[ View A Comments (9) ]

Mia was allowed to come home late last night but I was so tired to post an update.

They gave her 6 injections of furosemide from the time she went in Saturday until she left late Sunday night and she spent almost 20 hours in the oxygen kennel as they worked to clear some of the fluids.

Since she has been home we have been managing to get her to take her pills fairly well. She is weak and tired but she is alert and they say she is fairly stable. Later this week she will go in to see her cardiologist and see what she thinks as far as improvement goes.

Thank you all for the love, support, and the prayers for her well being. They are so very much appreciated.




October 16th 2012 9:26 am
[ View A Comments (17) ]

There hasn't been a lot of improvement since Mia came home late Sunday but she has been holding steady. We were just in the process of sending out Thank Yous for all the love and prayers Mia has been getting when she had another seizure episode. We immediately called her cardiologist who said that since her respiratory rate didn't elevate and since she pulled out of it quickly that we can keep her home and monitor her. Her body is still in congestive heart failure so it isn't surprising that she would respond in the same way as when it all started. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to witness. It is so sad to see her struggling so much.

Thank you for listening. Sometimes I feel these diary entries are all I can do to keep it together. If I try to talk about it, all I do is cry.


Thank you Dogster

October 19th 2012 10:46 am
[ View A Comments (10) ]

Thank you Dogster for the honor of being a diary pick. All the prayers from my furiends and their families have been such a wonderful blessing.

I am happy to report that today I am showing signs of improvement. I woke up this morning bright eyed. It is the best I have looked since going back into failure last weekend. Mom just hopes and prays that I don't relapse again like last time.

Monday I will see the cardiologist from the U of M again so they check my progression. A syncope seizure now that I am showing signs of improvement would be the worst possible outcome. If anyone can spare a prayer or two for no more that would be much appreciated.

Thank you Dogster, thank you all my wonderful furiends, and thank you precious angels for working so hard to keep me away.



Cardiology visit

October 22nd 2012 10:48 am
[ View A Comments (5) ]

Mia's appointment this morning went well. Her lungs are remarkably clear and her respiration rate has decreased. They are pleased with that progress but her kidney levels are creeping up. They decreased her lasix dose just a little to help them from elevating too high. She continues to lose more weight so they added two new medications. One is an antacid and the other is for nausea. They are hoping these along with the appetite stimulant will get her back on track and eating again. So as it stands, there is improvement but we are now concentrating on the appetite so she can get stronger.

Overall though the visit seemed to go well. She is now resting from a busy morning and hopefully she won't have any new issues. I took the needs POTP off her name not because she doesn't need prayers (she can still use them until she gets stronger) but because I am hopeful that we are past the worst and on a road to recovery. She's been through so much in the past three weeks that she deserves it.

Thank you from both me and Mia. Your prayers have meant to much.


Surgery tomorrow

October 25th 2012 12:21 pm
[ View A Comments (10) ]

Mia is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. They need to put a port into her stomach so she can be tube fed. She has been refusing even the highest valued foods.

Say a little prayer. With her heart, I'm petrified to have her under sedation but she can't go on without eating either.


Waiting for the call

October 26th 2012 7:14 am
[ View A Comments (5) ]

Mia was dropped off at the U of M veterinary hospital this morning and now we just sit and wait for news on how the surgery goes. She isn't scheduled for about another hour so hopefully we will hear how it went soon. Right now my biggest fear is that the surgery will throw her back in congestive heart failure. It is now in God's hands though and I trust him with all my heart. Getting Mia to eat is the only way to get her better.

Thank you for more POTP. This has been a terrible month for Mia. It seems like she has one set back after another. Prayers little Mia. We love you


Recovery room

October 26th 2012 11:12 am
[ View A Comments (7) ]

I just got off the phone with the U of M. Mia is out of surgery and stable. They said they took extremely careful precautions regarding the fluids and medications used with the anesthesia to prevent her from going back into congestive heart failure. They monitored her vitals and she was oxygenating well during the procedure but they will be giving her an injection of lasix since she didn't have her dose this morning.

Later this evening I can pick her up and take her home. They will be showing me how to administer her food and fluid intake when I get there. She did her part, now it is my turn to learn how to do mine. I have to admit, I am kind of scared but I'm sure I'll do just fine. It's just a learning process.

I'm hoping and praying that this will really help to turn her around.

God is great to watch over my precious Mia

  Sort By Newest First

Mia Muah! Kisses from Heaven


Family Pets

Teddy CGC
Tara -Forever
Chester, A
Springer Angel
Bruno -In
loving memory
Angel Yuki
Sandi (heart
The MN Gang
Heaven's Angel
Mei Li
Salad - AKA


(What does RSS do?)