Nicknames: Gio CD RE (CKC) RXMCL (CARO) FM CGN SJATD HIC
Birthday: April 27th 2002
Likes: Bum scritches, attention from mom, attention from anyone, wrestling with Romeo
Pet-Peeves: Lack of bum scritches and attention ... not much gets me upset
Favorite Toy: My fuzzy cow that moos, tennis ball, fleece tuggy
Favorite Food: Raw food, especially beef kidney, pork and turkey. Bananas, strawberries, and peanut butter.
Favorite Walk: Offleash parks, anywhere with mom and anywhere where people will pay attention to me
Best Tricks: At last count, I knew over 65 commands and tricks ... but if all else fails, Shake a Paw!
Arrival Story: I was a gift to my mom when she graduated from High School. Her parents picked me up, brought me home and tied a ribbon around my neck. When mom came home from work, I was sitting on the couch waiting for her. I haven't left her side since.
Bio: I'm a busy busy boy! Mom believes that all Shelties NEED a job ... and I agree with her 100%! My jobs include being a therapy dog with St. John Ambulance, visiting 3 different nursing homes on a regular basis and bringing smiles to all of my good friends there. I also compete in CARO Rally-O and NAFA flyball. I recently got my Performance Event Number (PEN) from CKC, so have begun competing in CKC Rally-O and Obedience. I would like to some day trial in CKC tracking as well. When I am not working in one of my "official" jobs, I like to play with mom and my little brother, Romeo. Fetch, squeak, tug, or wrestling (what mom calls "Sheltie Wars").
Forums Motto: CD RE (CKC) RXMCL (CARO) FM CGN SJATD
2010 Accomplishments: - finished his CARO Rally-O Excellent title (RXMCL), May 15, 2010
2007 Accomplishments: - Finished my CARO Rally-O Novice title with MCL in March
- Was certified as a therapy dog with St. John Ambulance in March
- Earned my Canine Good Neighbor from CKC in April
- Earned my Herding Instinct Certificate from Australian Cattle Dog Club of Canada in June
- Earned my first leg towards my Rally Advanced title in November
2008 Accomplishments: - Earned my RACL (Rally-O Advanced with Cum Laude) from CARO, July 6, 2008
- Earned my RN (Rally-O Novice) from CKC with three High in Classes, including one perfect 100 score, August 30 to September 1, 2008
- Earned two legs towards my CD (Companion dog) from CKC with a High Sheltand Sheepdog in Class, August 31 to September 1, 2008
2009 Accomplishments: - Finished my CD (Companion Dog) title from CKC, February 21, 2009
- Finished my RA (Rally Advanced) title from CKC, May 2, 2009
- Finished my RE (Rally Excellent) title from CKC, August 23, 2009
Dog of the Week: I was DOTW for the week of June 18, 2008.
Dairy of the Day: I was chosen as Diary of the Day on January 25, 2007. Thanks to all the pups that sent "congrats" and presents, you are all so fantastic!
A Bit About Mom: Mom is a graduate student working in animal genetics. She is a nerd for dog coat color and is always willing to chat about it, so feel free to p-mail us if you are interested or have questions.
The rules to this game are to put in four of the following and then tag four other pups! So here goes:
Name four jobs that you've had.
1. Motion detector. I let mom know whenever something moves in the vicinity of our house.
2. Stuffie stretcher. I make sure that no toy goes without a good chiropractic adjustment. My patented method is the yank and shake!
3. Snooze button. On weekends I let mom sleep in for a few hours, but am sure to wake her up by 8am (don't want to miss breakfast!).
4. Bed warmer. I am sure to curl up in mom's spot on the bed for about an hour before bedtime. Then when she comes to bed, I shove over and her spot is nice and warm for her!
Four places you have lived.
1. With my fur-momma and littermates.
2. With mom in our current house.
3. I haven't lived anywhere else!
4. I haven't lived anywhere else!
Four places where you have been.
1. The furthest away from home I have been is to Edmonton, Alberta for a flyball tournament.
2. I go to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan often for rally-o trials.
3. I have been to Regina, Saskatchewan many many times for flyball tournaments, rally-o trials and seminars, and my therapy dog test.
4. One of my favorite places to go is Lloydminster, Saskatchewan for flyball. They put on a really good tournament :D
Four places you'd rather be.
1. A great big off leash park so that I can run and bark all I want!
2. Anywhere working or training with mom. I LOVE to work!
3. In the car. Love the car ... it always stops at fun places.
4. Out at our rally-o trainers house. She has a huge acreage and after training I get to go run around in her 9 acre back yard with all my rally-o buddies. So many gopher holes to sniff!
Friends I choose to play tag:
So today the flyball team I used to run with (and the one that Romeo is now training with) hosted a Canine Good Neighbour test this morning. I already have my CGN, but since mom was helping to organize the test, I got to go along too. Since I am such a good boy, I got to be the "friendly strange dog" for the one portion where the dog being tested had to meet another dog on a walk. So for all of the dogs that signed up to be tested, I got to take part! It was really fun, I always like showing off my skills BOL
The best part was after the test when a few of the dogs all got let off their leashes and we got to have a big game of Chase and Bark in the test field! I haven't run that hard in a LONG time! My leg is getting pretty bad and mom thinks I'm starting to get arthritis so she tries to keep me from stressing it too much. But I was such a good boy and all the other dogs were having so much fun ... she couldn't bare to leave me tied up and out of the fun. After all, a dog's just gotta run! What fun would life be if I never got to run again? So I'm really tired now and my leg is achy, but it was totally worth it :D
Phew, I'm one busy pup! I got tagged yesterday and then tagged again this morning before I had a chance to tag someone else! First by River then by Rondo! EEP! So here goes nothing!
Here are the rules of the game!
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Dogs who are tagged, need to post in their Diary the rules & their 7 pawsome facts. Then choose 7 dogs to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to bark them a pmail that they have been tagged and to read your Diary, or, send them a fun Rosette announcing they've been Tagged!
7 Fun Facts about Gio
1. My full name is Giovanni, named by my mom's best friend back in the day after she went on a trip with him to Italy
2. I'm a sucker for a bum scratch
3. I belong in Ravenclaw! For those of you who know what that means and want to get sorted, join our Dogster group The Whomping Willow and embrace your destiny!
4. I'm a real momma's boy
5. Tennis balls make me CRAY-ZAY!
6. I really hate being groomed, but will do it just so I can get a cookie afterwards
7. Even though I pretend not to like him, I really do love my little brother. Mom even caught us cuddling last night at the foot of the bed.