September 24th 2007 2:21 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Finally... it seems like I've been away a LONG time:)
I always get pretty excited to see my furless family and friends, but Mommy says I went a little overboard when I saw her and Daddy come in the door, at Grandma's. I think they totally deserved all the licks and nibbles and uncontrolled leaping and jumping that I did after not seeing them for over two weeks.... gosh, to think they actually:
- saw reindeer herding in Northern Sweden
- went on a hunting trip (Greenpeace) with dogs trained to find capercaillie birds (Mommy says their dog's name was Falcon and he was a beautiful Finnish Spitz and looked like a cross between a Chow Chow and a Fox) .... I'm glad I don't have to hunt!
- ate Swedish meatballs in Stockholm (in a restaurant that used to be a dungeon)
- was surprised at how their North looked so much like our landscape (until we got into the rolling mountains)
- admired the beautiful Swedish people and their clean and lovely city (the old part of Stockholm was very picturesque)
- was surprised at how many, many, many houses were painted the same red colour (it looked great, but almost seemed like it was 'the law';)
- learned how to use the Tube (or Underground) in London
- had the traditional fish & chips & a pint at a local pub (in Merry ol' London)
- Toured The Tower of London and the crown jewels
- Had a tour of Buckingham Palace and the Mews (the Queen's horses) and her picture gallery too.
- Toured Westminster Abbey
- Drove by(er... were driven by) Big Ben lots :)... St. Pauls Cathedral, The London Eye....
- had a boat ride on the river Thames
- toured Stone henge (Mommy liked it there - it's over 5000 yrs old...) Hehehe... well... the stones are older, of course, but the beginnings of the site being used;)
- Toured Windsor Castle and saw the beautiful gardens
- Toured Bath ... those Romans did a great job here:)
- had tea and scones with clotted cream at Harrod's
- so much she makes me tired listening to her.... bol... not really, I'm very happy to be home.
AND.... Fergus' Mommy and Daddy are such great neighbours they invited us for dinner last night too.... so I got a great welcome home from Fergus too.... although, I was pretty tired and stayed pretty close to Mommy the whole night!
Leave a Comment