Close X


The Adventures of Jelly

Mommy got home

February 9th 2013 2:35 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]

Mommy made it home today and very importantly I made it home too. I am glad Mommy had to suffer a bit. If she stayed home and didn't put me in the kennel then she wouldn't have got stuck in that snow storm. She checked out of her hotel in Ottawa at 3 am this morning and got into Thunder Bay (3 planes later) at 3:30 pm. That was 12.5 hours of traveling for Mommy. Everything was slow, slow, slow! Now I have the whole evening and all day Sunday for ME!


Leave A Comment | 5 people already have

Barked by: ✨ Whitley ✨ (Dogster Member)

February 10th 2013 at 1:22 am

Glad you momma got home!
Barked by: ✨ Finley ✨ (Dogster Member)

February 10th 2013 at 2:15 am

Glad you and your Momma are home!
Barked by: Cathey U

February 10th 2013 at 3:56 am

How long does the flight usually take, on a good day?
At least now you'll have sum time together.
Barked by: Jelly (Dogster Member)

February 10th 2013 at 8:04 am

On a good day (normal day) Mommy could go to Ottawa on two flights. She flies from Thunder Bay to Toronto and then from Toronto to Ottawa (the reverse going home). It takes a total of 4 hours. Yesterday all the flights were booked from Ottawa to Toronto so she had to fly to Montreal then to Toronto. So it took extra time to take 3 flights instead of 2. As well it took extra time to de-ice the plane and to wait to be de-iced each time she took off. In Toronto she was on the Tarmac for 1.5 hours having the ice on the engines melted, waiting to be de-iced and being de-iced. Oh yes, there was also waits to take off as they didn't have all the runways open. The planes would line up to take off. On one of the takeoffs she was lined up and watched 3 planes ahead of her take off. She was thinking that it would be our turn next. Instead some big plane landed right on the same runaway that the planes were taking off. It scared Mommy! There was no danger and it was planned but Mommy thought she sure didn't want to be a airline traffic controller that day! Then when she landed there were limited number of places to unload passengers because of all the snow. Mommy had to wait on the Tarmac on average of 45 minutes each time to be able to get a position to unload. Mommy said she had hardly any waiting time in any of the airports and most of the time was spent on the planes. She got no chance to eat at the airports and the planes don't serve any food. She spend the 12.5 hours only eating one muffin that she grabbed on her way through one airport. She was worried her luggage was going to get lost but it didn't.:) The bottom line is that Mommy made it home safe and sound and with her luggage. The Airlines did a good job considering the situation.
Barked by: Wendy G

February 10th 2013 at 9:21 am

YAY!!! Boff ob yu r home safe an' sound!

It wuz K-OS on dis side ob da continent, bud fings r slowwy geddin' back tu normal. Dis r gud :)

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
6 + 5 =




Family Pets

Jennifer (1990
- 2007)
Cadbury - In
Loving Memory


(What does RSS do?)