Adventures of Klepto-Dog
September 6th 2010 3:43 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
This is my story. My mom noticed some fleas on me and my brother, so she sent dad to town so he bought SARGENTS GOLD. My mom and Zaynes mom carefully read the packaging before applying it to cocoa and then me, Rudie hid but they got him an hour later. So Zayne and I started to play and got some of the SARGEANTS GOLD Flea and Tick drops in his mouth. And then an hour or so later the painful pins and needles started and I could not hold still or sleep. Every time I would doze off to sleep the pins and needles would jerk me awake. In the middle of the night the heavy drooling began and was foam by morning, pins and needles in my mouth. My mom was soaked from the drool. My mom woke dad up and after re-reading the box, dad fed me while mom looked for information online. There was no doubt about it, I was suffering from toxicity and since Zayne came in contact with me he was also suffering. Mom was unable to get ahold of my Dr so she contacted a vet at Sargeants who advised mom what to do. Zaynes mom was giving me sugar water by the spoonful because I was severely dehydrated and by this time unable to drink from the bowl by myself. And walking was becoming more difficult. Zaynes mom held me and kept scratching my back so I could finally sleep. She also bathed me in Joy dishwasing to remove the SARGEANTS GOLD from my neck. Once the poison was removed 4 baths later I was able to rest and started to feel better. Mom had Dad feed me cottage cheese and pork rinds to increase my thirst and gave me & Zayne Chickbroth/water to drink to help us with our dehydration. We are both fine now with little damage, my siblings had no adverse reactions to the SARGEANTS GOLD. Mom will never purchase any of their products or allow any of these products to be used on us. Thankfully my aunt amy was here to help Mom with me or I would not be here. There is so many stories out there as mine from many families but their outcome was sad because of SARGENTS AND HARTZ PRODUCTS. Mom used the correct dose for my weight and was applied direction perfect and I almost died, mom will never use this again. oh and after all this the Sargeants Gold did not kill the fleas on any of us.