Audi may have gone for creating a fake, unsettling dog for its Super Bowl commercial, but Budweiser is playing it safe, coming at us in its ad with the most adorable puppy this side of a 12-pack (of puppies).
In a the sequel to last year’s popular “Brotherhood” ad, actor Don Jeanes returns to his role as the head of Warm Springs Ranch. Only, next door, a blonde woman has opened a puppy adoption center. And inside that puppy adoption center is this guy:
All he wants to do is be friends with a horse. A Clydesdale. One of those famous Budweiser Clydesdales.
But egads! Someone wants to adopt the puppy and take him away from his one true and forever love, the Budweiser Clydesdale! It’s all too much. The cuteness is overwhelming.
How many cute parts were in that? A lot of cute parts. Twenty six cute parts, give or take. Here’s how many cute parts we saw:
- The part with the puppy adoption sign.
- The part when the man pets the puppy.
- The part when the two puppies look curious in the cage.
- The part when the puppy runs around the fence.
- The part when the puppy climbs under the fence.
- The part when the puppy gambols across the verdant field.
- The part when the puppy noses open the door of the barn.
- The part when the puppy sits and offers a paw to the Clydesdale.
- The part when the puppy and the Clydesdale kiss — you’re ruthless, Budweiser!
- The part when the man thinks, “What is that adorable puppy up to?”
- The part when the puppy turns circles in front of the Clydesdale.
- The part when the puppy stares mournfully at the Clydesdale as the man carries him out — you are a bad man!
- The part when the man hands the puppy to the woman — hello there, neighbor!
- The part when the puppy finds his way back into the barn as the man is … shining shoes?
- The part when the man hands the puppy back to the woman … hi, just me again here in the rain!
- The part when the woman gives the puppy to an adopter who is looking at his freakin’ phone. This won’t last, I tell you.
- The part when the puppy has a car door closed on him.
- The part when the horse looks at the puppy being driven away.
- The part when the puppy looks at the horse from the back of the car.
- The part when the puppy barks at the horse.
- The part when the horse runs after the puppy, jumping fences, good God.
- The part when the other Clydesdales mount up and chase after that motherf … adopter!
*Stands in front of computer*
- THE PART WHERE THE CLYDESDALES STOP THAT CAR!
*Puts hand over heart and sings “God Bless America”*
- The part when the puppy runs back to the barn backed by a team of Clydesdales — the Budweiser team of Clydesdales.
- The part when the man thinks, “Ah, hell, maybe I should adopt this here fella.”
- The part when the puppy and the horse gambol in the slanting sun and green, green grass, forevermore.
*Composes self and go makes a sandwich*
Laugh with us: