Week after week, I’ve been so focused on all of the women out there who love their dogs that I’ve completely forgotten to acknowledge the dog loving men! And if your neighborhood looks anything like mine, there are a whole lot of guys out there with K9 best friends.
This week’s Dogster Picks are all about the urban dog-daddy who loves to spoil his pup, but look cool at the same time. But if you’re a lady, pay attention â€” you might just find the perfect gift for the dog dad you love.
1. Gemma Correll Pugs Not Drugs Tee â€” I’m a huge fan of dog-obsessed illustrator Gemma Correll and her hilarious T-shirt designs, and this is one of her classics.
2. Toddland Pug Wallet â€” This wallet is guaranteed to get an “Awww …” every time he pulls it out. It’s the perfect unexpected stocking stuffer.
3. Jack Spade Woody iPhone 4 Case â€” Urban guys love their gadgets as much as they love their dogs. This case will protect a cherished possession while earning him major cool points.
4. Oliberte Mogado Hi Black Chukka Boot â€” All guys should have cool shoes to wear every day. I love the simple yet edgy design of these boots â€” and they’re comfortable enough to take the dog on an extra-long walk.
5. WagWear Messenger Pouch Carrier â€” If you’re a guy with a pint-sized pooch, there’s no reason you can’t look masculine toting him around. Wagwear has you covered with this guy-friendly carrier.
6. Flying Heros Toss Toys â€” What guy doesn’t love Bruce Lee? Double Rice’s throw toy will put a smile on any man’s face â€” and as soon as he tosses it, his dog will be a huge fan too.
7. Eco-Friendly Orbit Bed â€” This bed combines the comfort of polar fleece with the durability of waterproof nylon. Think of it as the “sensitive tough guy” of beds. Bonus: It’s eco-friendly!
8. Smoking Frenchie Hanging Feeder â€” Most guys I know like dogs that look tough, and I don’t think it gets much tougher than a smoking French Bulldog. This feeder has “man’s man” written all over it.
9. The Hartford Dog Collar â€” The Urban Animal Scientist knows how to make some amazing collars! I adore this one from the Silk Collection. It looks just like a man’s tie.
10. idawg Fader Jacket â€” My better half can’t stand it when I dress our male dog in merino sweaters, but I know he would have no problem with this cool nylon dog jacket.