How is everyone going??? V. well I hope. If it’s summer where you are I hope you’re beating the heat! And if it’s winter where you are I’m jealous 😉
I’m writing this from Cincinnati right now where we’ve been meeting with the pawsome people at Iams. Hoping to cook up something fun for everyone soon.
But I digress. I wanted to pop in and confirm the following fixes and enhancements have just gone live. I honestly cannot tell you how much we want the sites to be perfect for everyone. We love you guys. So sorry some of these took longer than you may have wanted, but we’ve been working away at them.
* Video books now show all videos again! Yay! So no reason to not upload and show off all the videos you want. More and more people have hand held digitial video cameras so let’s see your fluffies on film!
* When you get an anonymous gift it now appears again on your community homepage as well as your pet pages.
* We added a search box to the community homepage that lets you search photo tags, pets by name, as well as the whole site. It’s in the left column beneath your pals thumbnails.
* Search results in the adoption area are much more extensive to show all matches in your search area.
* Our site wide messaging system we use to notify everyone if the sites will be down later for an upgrade or to give updates about an ongoing issue are working again. We’ll be sure to give everyone a big head’s up when we have scheduled downtime. Or maybe we’ll just add a note about how great you are (keep your eyes peeled!)
* We added a sixth birthday candle for those pets that have been on the site since before July 2004!
That’s the update. Thanks again for being such a wonderful community. We’ve gotten so many letters from you all saying how you’ve grown on the the changes and are feeling at home again. Thanks for taking the time to write. It means a lot. We love you right back.[And big thanks to the HQ team for making these (and many more items you wouldn’t even know about but are required for the smooth serving of hundreds of thousands of web pages a day) they’re the ones doing all the hard work.]
Ted @ HQ
(Note: two points to the first person that finds a typo, I’m posting this on the fly 😉