This story definitely goes into the strange category, luckily it turned out alright.
A puppy was knocked unconscious when his owner, Kathy White, and her daughter were trying out their new Wii Sports Bowling. Ozzy, a miniature Sheltie, was accidentally hit with the Wiimote when he jumped up on his owner.
We had just got the Wii for Christmas, so we were trying it out,’ White of Marquette in Michigan told 9news.com, ‘and that’s when Alexis and I were bowling and Ozzy was standing by me and he jumped up and I hit him in the temple and killed him instantly.
Thanks to a quick thinking neighbor who gave Ozzy mouth-to-mouth he was revived and rushed to the vet.
He was treated for cardiac arrest and severe brain swelling. It’s taken him several weeks to recover, but according to White, he’s almost back to normal now.
Ozzy will no longer be in the room when the family is playing on their Wii. That sounds like a very good idea.