Dog-treat maker Carolina Prime Pet Inc. is voluntarily recalling certain packages of its Priority Total Pet Care All Natural Bullstrips, according to the FDA. No illnesses have been reported, but the product tested positive for Salmonella by the Colorado Dept. of Agriculture.
The recall affects the Priority Total Pet Care All Natural Bullstrips in the 5-count package with the following UPC and lot codes, which can be found on the back of the packages of the dried bull penises:
- UPC: 0-21130-42080-3
- Lot Codes: 20082712 S3195 and 20090312 S3195
The affected products were distributed nationally to stores from about the first of September until now. Those stores include:
- Safeway stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington DC, and Wyoming
- Vons, Pavilions and Pak ‘N Save stores in California
- Randalls and Tom Thumb stores in Texas
- Genuardi’s stores in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Dominick’s stores in Illinois
According to the FDA, “Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.”
For more information, contact Carolina Prime Pet Inc. at 1-888-370-2360.