Royal Pampered Paws Shares Dog Advice
Dogster Chloe has a new web site, Royal Pampered Paws, dedicated to all breeds but with a big warm spot for bichon frise and pomeranians.
This selection comes from her Reads section and offers some excellent advice to us all. If anyone knows the author please bark in and let us know!
TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR A RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER
By Author Unknown
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me – it is crucial for my well being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long, and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, and your entertainment. I HAVE ONLY YOU!
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words. I understand your voice.
6. Be aware that however you treat me. I’LL NEVER forget it.
7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I’ve been in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, “I can’t bear to watch it” or, “let it happen in my absence.” Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember that I LOVE YOU!!
2006 RoyalPampered Paws All Rights Reserved
Thanks Chloe for starting a fun site and let us all know when you have things to share!