Mary Wanna Gets Dog High

Since this is a dog blog, a couple of times a month our boy Bo (woof!) thought it would be nice to get the news...


Since this is a dog blog, a couple of times a month our boy Bo (woof!) thought it would be nice to get the news through a dog’s eyes. Bo invites everyone to read a chapter from his upcoming book BAD TO THE BONE at Bo Knows Online. It’s a funny memoir about the crazy adventures we have shared together over the last 14 plus years, told through Bo’s eyes.

Okay Bo, take it from here…..

I don’t do drugs. Recreational drugs that is.

I do partake in peanut butter covered pills legally prescribed by humans who’ve spent way too much time in school and not enough time at the dog park. Yeah, I’m talking about vets.

I’ve downed my fair share of rimadyl, cosequin, glucosamine chondroiton, prednisone, thyroid medication and antibiotics.

And of course there was the incident where I was given a human narcotic by mistake. That adventure I saved for inclusion in my memoir, if only as a cautionary tale to all dogs.

The intent of these pharmaceutical buying binges has been to make me feel better. They could have saved their money and just given me an Ice Pup instead. Trust me, those things will make any dog feel great!

When it comes to illicit drug use, I just say no. Sadly, some dogs don’t have the strong willpower I have.

Seattle Pi has the latest example.

A dog owner thinks her dog got sick after accidentally eating marijuana at a Seattle park, and the theory may not be so far-fetched, according to police records.

Jack, a Labrador mix, hasn’t had a single health problem since Jen Nestor adopted the stray 11 years ago. But Jack’s recent run through the woods at Seward Park caused quite a scare.

Jack’s owner said on May 17, Jack wandered off for just three minutes on his own. But three hours later, “his head was rocking back and forth his eyes were glassy,” she said.

Nestor is convinced her dog got high on marijuana at the park. She believes the pot must have been stashed somewhere in the green landscape where she unleashed her dog.

Jack’s veterinary bills added up to $1,500. His medical records state he was dizzy, disoriented, staggering left to right and falling over when trying to sit. He also vomited large amounts of plant material and liquid that smells like marijuana.

Three weeks have passed since the incident, and the couple’s friends laugh at what they call a random situation.

The effect on Jack has been dramatic. He now demands to lay on the couch all day, watching Animal Planet and eating doggie pizzas.

Who does he think he is, Matthew McConaughey’s dog? Woof!

The funniest dog blog, written by a dog, on the internet. Commentary on the latest animal news stories of the day.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Get Dogster in your inbox!

Stay informed! Get tips and exclusive deals.

Let Dogster answer all of your most baffling canine questions!

Starting at just


Follow Us

Shopping Cart