Leg Lift a Shocking Experience for Poor Hoboken Dog

The leg lift Teddy Bear did on a light pole at a park in Hoboken, N.J., could have been his last. As the bull mastiff...
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Email

The leg lift Teddy Bear did on a light pole at a park in Hoboken, N.J., could have been his last. As the bull mastiff was doing his boy business, he came in contact with exposed wires. The poor fellow was nearly electrocuted, according to The Jersey Journal. If this had been a smaller dog, he’d most likely have been a goner.

It turns out that someone has likely been stealing the metal plates that cover the wires and using them for scrap metal. As of yesterday, all of the city’s light poles have been checked, and caution tape put around those with missing plates. The city will work with the local utility company to try to install new plates with locks so this — or something worse — never happens again.

I’m sure it’s very rare for someone to steal metal plates that cover electric wires in public places, but I wanted to run this story just in case any of you run across something like this, wherever you walk your dog. In this economy, you never know. Consider this a “heads down.”

We hope Teddy Bear is recovering well, and is not shocked out doing leg lifts in the future via some crazy operant conditioning response.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Get Dogster in your inbox!

Stay informed! Get tips and exclusive deals.

Let Dogster answer all of your most baffling canine questions!

Starting at just
$14.95!

Related

Follow Us

Shopping Cart