On Monday, Stacie Tamaki — mom to Kitai, Dogster’s best-dressed dog — showed us her pup’s amazing costumes from Halloweens past and gave us tips on how to come up with our own outlandish canine ensembles.
We were dying to know what this year’s costume would be, and this morning Stacie sent us some photos. As usual, she went the extra mile and came up with something that never would have crossed our minds: This year, Kitai is Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak playing his favorite sport, Segway polo!
Kitai says: “Mom wanted to dress me up as Woz because he’s a big dog lover with two little pups of his own. I wonder if they’ll ever want to get together and play some polo with me?”
Stacie Says: In case you’re wondering, here’s how I made the miniature Kitai-sized Segway:
- + I took a piece of plywood and cut two same-sized pieces with a handheld jigsaw
- + I taped them together with black electrical tape along the edges
- + I used a drill to create two side-by-side holes into the base to insert the base of the handle (glue)
- + I drilled two side-by-side holes into a slightly larger wooden dowel for the handle bars (glue)
- + I drilled a small hole in the bottom to add the kickstand on the left side (glue)
- + I then wrapped the entire thing in more of the black electrical tape
- + When the entire base was covered in tape I added the small, self-adhesive reflector purchased at a hardware store
- + Next I added the tires, also purchased a hardware store and screwed them into the top layer of plywood on each side
- + The final step was adding black felt to each side of the handle bar to create the hand grips using a spray adhesive
See Stacie’s more elaborate DIY post over here.