Earlier this week, those of us here in the San Francisco Bay Area experienced our first major rainy day of the season. I’m not a huge fan of the rain, so I like to make the best of damp days by adding bright pops of color to my daily life. This rainy season, my dog and I will be combating gray skies with our colorful and fun rainy-day accessories.
1. Pedigree Perfections Quilted Rain Suit â€” If you’ve got a long-haired pup like mine, getting wet is no fun to deal with. This water-repellent rain suit with hood is the perfect way to keep your dog dry from nose to toes.
2. Guardian Gear Waterproof Dog Collars â€” My dog has lots of great collars, but very few I’d let him out in the rain with. On days when it’s pouring, I like to swap out his fancier collars for one of these weather-appropriate, pop-color waterproof collars.
3. Pet Umbrella â€” You might get some funny stares from passersby, but any dog lover knows that this pet umbrella with attached leash is just plain brilliant!
4. Shiny Plastic Raincoat â€” When everyone is wearing black and khaki trenchcoats, why not step out in shiny fire-engine red? This raincoat with wonderful deep pockets will keep you smiling through the rain.
5. Classic Dog Rain Slickers â€” This lightweight and waterproof doggy rain slicker is roomy enough to wear over your dog’s favorite sweater or tee. The fastener under the neck and body makes it a cinch to throw on quickly in case of an unexpected shower. If you have more than one dog, I highly recommend picking up several colors.
6. Starburst Umbrella â€” If you’re going to step out in a shiny red raincoat, why not completely throw convention out the window and sport this starburst-shaped red and pink umbrella? I guarantee that strangers on the street will stop and ask where you picked this up.
7. Vinyl Slouch Handbag â€” I’m always so frustrated when I discover my purse wasn’t as covered as I thought it was under my umbrella. If rain is on the forecast, forego your regular bag for this weather-resistant option.
8. Waterproof Pet Car Seat Cover â€” Wet doggies in my car are a big no-no. I like to keep a waterproof pet car seat cover in my trunk at all times. You never know when you’ll need it, and you’ll always be grateful that you have one.
9. Hunter Rain Boots â€” I’ve gone through lots of pairs of rain boots, and not a single pair compares to these classic Hunters. I love all the bright colors and variety of styles. They’re a little pricey, but completely worth the investment as they’ll last you for several seasons.
10. Hurley Dog Toy â€” Rainy days are not the time for plush toys. Make sure you swap out your dog’s plushies with fun plastic toys like these when the rain starts coming down. Otherwise you’ll end up with sopping wet toys you’ll have to toss.
Follow Dogster’s Picks of the Week on Pinterest!