It’s a paw-some time of year. Bright lights. Snow in some parts of the world. Stockings stuffed with cat and dog treats. And if you’re looking for ideas on what exactly to your beloved pet or pet-loving friend, you’ve barked up (or clawed up) the right tree. We surveyed over 1,200 Dogster and Catster members to find out the hottest, most meaningful, sweetest gift giving and holiday ideas.
Here’s what dog and cat lovers are hoping to give and get to celebrate the howl-i-days:
- It’s all about accessorizing. So when it comes to buying collars, don’t go boring. Go bling. Studded, jeweled and glitter lined varieties are all the rage this season. And don’t forget to pick up a matching lead or harness.
- Ever wonder how your dog sees the world? Wonder no more! “Fun with your dog” is a new science kit that lets you dawn glasses that show you how pup experiences color. You can also compare their sense of smell and give ‘em a personality quiz to see how well you really know your four-legged companion.
- Ditch those boring tennis balls when playing fetch. Go big . Go Kong Balls –They come in all shapes and sizes. And is the one gift that no fetch-loving pup can stand to be without.
- Forget your basic catnip scented cat-n-mouse games. This holiday, go wild with remote control mice that your cat will never grow tired of. Or, pick them up some sushi-shaped toys. Ha! Raw fish indeed!
- Looking cool while staying warm. Sweaters, vests and ponchos are what the well-heeled walker will be taking to the streets in. Faux leopard skin and pink velvet are what all the vogue-reading dogs are yelping for. And don’t forget matching umbrellas and bags for humans.
We also asked your sure-footed friends what they’re hoping to wake up and sniff out in their stockings:
- It’s time to give litter boxes a fresher image. Check out litter boxes that also double as plant holders. Real ceramic and clay pots make this litter box the perfect fit in to any room. Or go hi-tech and get the automatic, self-cleaning litter box.
- It’s easy to say cool with the motion-sensor dog fountain. Attach it to any spigot and your pooch will have a fresh stream of cool water with the wag of a tail or a touch of a paw.
- Give your pet more living space with dual-level cat and small-dog houses. These solid wood framed homes provide privacy as well as a place for your pet to get out in the sun. Purr-fect for indoor and outdoor use.
- Think your pup has an ear for music. Then check out this CD loaded with cool canine tunes. Tested on doggy focus groups, and featured on NPR, this CD can help calm your pet when you’re away or reinforce a positive behavior.
- Purr-fect that catnap with the “Hammocat”— the feline designed hammock comes with it’s own frame and adjusts to fit your furry friend. Extra soft plush ensures your cat feels right at home. Its collapsible size means you can take it with you on travels so you’re cat can always feel at home.
And most lovingly, here’s how you and yours would be spending time during the holidays:
- Unwrapping gifts and playing in the discarded wrapping paper
- Trying to keep the cat from climbing the tree
- Brings toys and treats to local shelters
- Getting photos taken with Santa Paws!
- Making homemade dog biscuits.