This Sunday is Easter and dogs everywhere are rolling their eyes and tucking their tails in anticipation of one dreaded holiday tradition: the cheesy costume. Easter means that dogs everywhere will be forced to don bunny ears for their humans’ amusement.
Bunny ears! Do you know how insulting that is to a dog? Rabbits are snack food!
So listen, dogs, if your human friend insists on making a fool of you, guilt trip your human with the following methods:
1. Pout aggressively, your lower lip trembling as your eyes well with tears.
2. Stick your tongue out on one side of your mouth and drool everywhere.
3. Let your mouth melt in a saddest frown (particularly good if you have luxuriously droopy jowls).
4. Make your most horrifying face (bonus points if you can make your eyes glow — it’s guaranteed to wreck the photos).
5. Strike an indignant pose — the kind that tacitly promises a “gift” on the rug.
6. Pout aggressively (works well if you’re a Pug — the wrinkled face adds agony).
7. Jump on the furniture and scratch your fleas, shedding hair all over the upholstery.
8. If you’re outside, wear sunglasses so no one will recognize you.
9. Step out of the camera’s focus point for a blurry photo.
10. Pose while also peeing on the comforter — that’ll teach ’em.
Humans, do you plan on humiliating your dog with bunny ears?
The thing about dogs is that even when we humiliate them, they’re always happy to see us and always freak out when we leave them. If you do decide to put bunny ears on your dog, make sure you check out our guide to dog facial expressions so you’ll know the look of revenge when you see it.