Editor’s note: Have you seen the Dogster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting room of your vet’s office? This article appeared in our December-January issue. Subscribe to Dogster and get the bimonthly magazine delivered to your home.
I love holiday traditions, but it’s the personal touches that make the holidays your own. Hang your dog’s sweet face from your tree this year with an easy, unique, and personalized ornament. It’s so easy and cute, you’ll want to make them for everyone on your holiday list!
What you’ll need:
- Small piece of unfinished wood (available at craft stores)
- Photocopy of a photo of your dog — sized to fit your wood
- Small eye screw or eye hook
- Gel medium
- Paint brush
- Screw the hook into the top of your wood.
- Cut your photo to match the size and shape of the wood.
- Paint the gel medium onto your piece of wood and your photo.
- Lay your photo face down on the piece of wood and smooth/press the photo down against the wood.
- Allow to dry for at least 8 to 10 hours.
- Wet your rag, wring it out so it’s not dripping, and lay it on top of the paper until it soaks through.
- Slowly wipe away the paper with your rag until it reveals your photo, which should now be transferred to the wood.
- Put the ribbon through the hook to create a loop.
- Hang your ornament and enjoy!
The ornament looks simple and lovely on its own, but you can also get creative and add your own touches like your dog’s name, the year, rhinestones, or anything else you can think up. It’s a great activity for the whole family!