THE BEST DOG TRAINING PAGES ON
1. Karen Pryor Clicker Training Truly, Karen can be credited with introducing the clicker to pet owners, and the training world has never been the same since! “Liking” KPCT on Facebook will allow you to be notified of KPCT website sales, new articles, videos, and newsletter releases, as well as keeping you up-to-date on ClickerExpo news and developments and updates from the Karen Pryor Academy!
2. Sophia Yin is a veterinary behaviorist, the creator of the Manners Minder, and is the author of How to Behave So Your Dog Behaves and Low Stress Handling, Restraint, and Behavior Modification of Dogs & Cats. Fans of Dr. Yin’s Facebook page can look forward to a variety of videos, articles, blog entries, and updates about Dr. Yin’s seminar and conference schedule.
3. Go Click Challenge I admit it, I just love the “Go Click Challenge.” Each week, a new behavior is selected and visitors are encouraged to post pictures, videos, and training blogs about their daily progress training the behavior of the week. Teaching your dog new behaviors frequently provides great mental stimulation for the dog and will help build a great bond between you and your dog.
4. The Whole Dog Journal WDJ is definitely one of the best monthly dog publications on the market. Whole Dog Journal features a wealth of information about various holistic health and diet options for your dog, and includes wonderful positive training articles in every issue. If money were no issue, I would buy all dog owners a subscription to this fantastic monthly.
5. Peaceable Paws, LLC Pat Miller’s name is pretty much synonymous with the terms “quality, dog-friendly training information.” As editor of The Whole Dog Journal, author of a number of books, and creator of courses for behavior professionals and pet parents, Pat makes it well worth your while to check out Peaceable Paws next time you’re on Facebook!
6. Smart Dog University. Laurie Luck’s Smart Dog Blog is arguably one of the best behavior blogs and newsletters on the web. Laurie is funny, witty, and has a knack for explaining training concepts thoughtfully and clearly. Check out Smart Dog University on Facebook, your dog will thank you for it!
7. Bark Magazine Bark Magazine is a fantastic publication which features fantastic behavior and training information from some of the industry’s leading professionals including Patricia McConnell, Nicholas Dodman, and Victoria Stillwell, to name just a few!
8. Thundershirt The Thundershirt is an exciting new product meant to reduce your dog’s anxiety in a variety of different situations. Check out Thundershirt’s Facebook page to learn more about how this tool may be used to reduce your dog’s anxiety, to read customer testimonials, and for videos of the Thundershirt in action!
9. Great Companions, LLC Great Companions is the training company of Ali Brown, behaviorist and author of Focus Not Fear and Scaredy Dog. I’m a big fan of Ali’s both personally and professionally, and really like her Facebook page which features videos of classes (including the new Nosework class Ali launched recently), updates from Ali’s blog, as well as news about upcoming classes and seminars.
10. Dogs & Storks assists expectant parents in preparing their resident dog for the arrival of a new baby.
I also welcome any of my friends from the blogosphere to follow my Rewarding Behaviors Dog Training page on Facebook. Your dog will thank you for it!