GO!

Found an AWESOME site!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Isis

Kids?- Please...mommy- loves ME best!

Barked: Sun Aug 28, '11 4:09pm PST 
I am a huge fan of kikopup on youtube for training videos.(If you haven't checked her out, go now!) smile Anyway, I saw that she has a DVD set out, but it's $150, and I can't afford that....so while looking for a cheap used one, I found www.bowwowflix.com, and it's a site like netflix where you can rent virtually ANY dog training DVD/seminar known to man! My queue is already filled with about 75 dvds. LOL. Anyway, just thought anyone looking for some guidance in video form (since I've READ everything I can get my hands on, and need some visual help now!) would like to take a look! smile
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Aug 28, '11 6:03pm PST 
Cool! Thanks for the info and link!

Why didn't you just rent kikopup's DVD from TawzerDog? (The site that sells it also does rentals).
[notify]
Tundra

Hi! My name is- NO!NO! What's- your name?

Barked: Sun Aug 28, '11 6:25pm PST 
Oops!

Edited by author Sun Aug 28, '11 6:26pm PST

[notify]

Isis

Barked: Sun Aug 28, '11 6:25pm PST 
Oh! I didn't even see that option!!! I only saw a purchase option, or I definitely would have rented it from there! Thanks! I'm thinking of asking for the video to own for my birthday, anyway. smile I can't imagine NOT loving a 9 hour long seminar from her! smile
[notify]
ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '11 1:47pm PST 
Here is what I will say about those sites. For most of them, the makers of the DVD get no royalties when you rent like that. If it is an author you really like, renting like this is a disservice to them.
[notify]
Ice

What's Cooler- Than Being Cool?- Ice Cold!

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '11 2:04pm PST 
The same thing could be said about libraries, Asher. Yet, I doubt you are anti-library. I imagine that these trainers are just happy that people are trying to do something with their dogs. Personally, if I really enjoy something and want to review it I will buy my own copy after viewing it.
[notify]
Mocha Bear- (Mokie),- VGG, KPA,

CEO of Rewarding- Behaviors Dog- Training

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '11 2:06pm PST 
I think Tawzer does actually give royalties to its presenters, while bowwowflix does not.
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '11 2:12pm PST 
applauseapplause Ice

Actually, I "rent" my dog DVD's from the public library. Where I used to live had an extensive collection and the state I live now has a system where you can get anything in the system mailed to your home.

It's great when you don't have tons of money to buy DVD's just because you like an author. Most of them I've seen new are way overpriced.
[notify]
Isis

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '11 6:59pm PST 
I actually joined Tawzer Dog, so I do hope the speakers get royalties. I just don't have a ton of money, and am very interested in what a lot of these masters in their fields have to say. I have two reactive dogs, one with people and one with other dogs, and I need to help them without spending a ton of money, so this site was like a godsend to me. smile Unfortunately trainers in my area are lacking in positive training experience, so I'm on my own. I'm hoping these professionals don't mind sharing their advice!
[notify]
ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '11 7:45pm PST 
Tawzer does.

I imagine that these trainers are just happy that people are trying to do something with their dogs.

No, they are actually quite upset that someone is making money off their hard work. At least the ones I know are (and I know more than a few). They were quite upset when this started.

And they are not libraries. Bowwowfix is making money off of someone else's hard work.

I am not saying don't do it, just saying that the videos authors (or whatever they would be called) are not making money, so if you really appreciate and enjoy the videos, well...I don;t buy books with the covers ripped off either because the authors don't get royalties and I feel that is a poor way to show my appreciation for what they do.

Making a video is hard work and the people who do it deserve to make the money off of their work.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2