I am new

Butch

Barked: Wed Jul 27, '11 7:20pm PST 
Hi my name is Melissa and I am new to this group. I have an American Bulldog and a Pitbull. My American Bull dog was super easy to train and my pit (Butch) is not. He is a dare devil and very hyper at times, but he is a cuddler! He gets into a lot of things ( in the backyard ) he just goes crazy and gets lots of cuts all over him. Is that normal? Well, I hope to get to know some people.
Thanks
Melissa
Gromit

I'm- Labradorabull

Barked: Mon Aug 1, '11 9:24am PST 
APBT's are such fools, they are so strong willed and tend to do what they feel. Some even after years of training.thinking
I can work with other peoples dogs and have all the right answers, but I tend to not work as well with my own. Having said that, one of the things you can try is to do a reward system when you go outside. Each time he comes or does something that is positive, treat him and praise him. When he "loses it" shut down the playtime and send him in the house. Wait for 5-15 minutes and try again. This may take months or moreshock
Moxie our American Bull gives us a signal when she is about to lose it, she goes and shews on grass or weeds and if we do not get her in, she starts to be naughty. We are lucky to have that easy of a clue. So you may be able to pick up on clues.
Oh another thing, I make my dogs sit and wait till they go out the door, they tend to have a little more composure that way.
Hope this helps.