Harry Potter Nerds?!

(Page 6 of 8: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '07 9:39am PST 
I like JK's naming scheme because I can figure out a lot about the characters just by the name.

Sirius Black: Sirius is the dog star. So it only makes sense he's a black dog.
Remus Lupin: Okay, so we have 'lupin' from the Latin 'lupus' which means wolf. And Remus was Romulus' brother from Roman mythology and both were raised by a she-wolf.
Ludo Bagman: 'Ludi' were the Roman games and festivities so it only makes sense he likes sports.

There are tons more examples. . .these are just the most obvious ones (and ones others have pointed out).

I finally caved and pre-0rdered the book from Amazon. I probably won't keep it since all my other books are paperbacks but I couldn't stand the thought of not being able to read the book right away.
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '07 3:31pm PST 
3 more days..

dancing
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '07 3:34pm PST 
did you like the movie?

we finally saw it last night. We met up with three friends who had pre purchased the ticket. We arrived 3 hours before the movie time, thinking that we can buy the tickets to the same show, and it was sold out. SOLD OUT on a TUESDAY NIGHT, a full 3 hours before the show time. We bought a later show, and then.. snuck in the theater with our friends after they confirmed that there was a row of empty seats 5 minutes before the movie began (I guess they make room for people sneaking in)

Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '07 3:35pm PST 
Risa, yeah I love the naming scheme too. Like.. Rita Skeeter.... the first time I read her name, it reminded me of nails scratching a chalk board. BOL... and what a pain she is!
Fudge

How can I be- this cute?

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 7:51am PST 
I liked the movie! Though I had just re-read the book (also re-read book 6), so it did feel kind of rushed/choppy, since obviously a lot had to be cut out of the movie. And it definitely had a very different feel than the other movies. But it was good. smile

I'm very excited for HP7! I'm in Iceland and the book comes out here at 11 PM local time on Friday (which is midnight in the UK). So I'll be getting it before you guys in North America (sorry!). I've done very well at avoiding spoilers, even though they're all over LiveJournal. I'm super excited for the book!
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 9:38am PST 
Lucky lucky Fudge!! Of course, my copy probably won't make it to my doorstep til early next week (why am I being cheap?).

Hey, you should join the Whomping Willow group on Dogster. smile
Gio

CD RE (CKC)- RXMCL (CARO) FM- CGN SJATD

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 1:41pm PST 
OMD SO EXCITED! Less than 2 days now!!!
dancingsnoopydancing
Fudge

How can I be- this cute?

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 4:58pm PST 
How did I not know about an HP group here on Dogster? I requested to be invited! smile
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 2:14am PST 
Unfortunately,I couldn't resist the lure of spoilers, so I sorta know what happens. But my lips are sealed so you can enjoy the book to the fullest... silenced

I still wanna buy the book and read it though. I gotta complete the collection, and I also like that moment when I go sit in a quiet place and just read.
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 2:18am PST 
BTW, Anyone doing the midnight thing at the local bookstore?

I thought about taking Snowy (all dressed up in a wizard costume I'm working on) but then I think all the moms will look at me and go "awww that poor thing. She needs a kid on her own" blehhhh Scrap the plan.
  (Page 6 of 8: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8