Harry Potter Nerds?!

(Page 5 of 8: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Brody

The best things- come in little- packages

Barked: Mon Feb 26, '07 9:06am PST 
Y'all are making me want to read Harry Potter now.

Snowy - he writes a lot about the Bay Area, so you might find some of it interesting. He's always mentioning different streets and locations.
Gio

CD RE (CKC)- RXMCL (CARO) FM- CGN SJATD

Barked: Mon Feb 26, '07 9:51am PST 
Yeah I just pre-order through a local book store. That way I don't have to fret and worry about them being sold out. I can just go and pick up the copy that they are holding for me on the release date. And preordering saved me 20% so woo-hoo!!
Angus The- Warrior

Wag well and wag- often.

Barked: Mon Feb 26, '07 3:57pm PST 
My Mom is a Harry Potter nerd too. She's counting down to the release date for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I like it when Mom reads 'cause I get to stretch out beside her on the chesterfield and snore--ever so gently, like the fluttering of butterfly wings--in her ear.

Fudge

How can I be- this cute?

Barked: Mon Feb 26, '07 11:02pm PST 
Is anyone going to be nerdy like me and go to the midnight release of the book? I know Borders does it, and probably most other bookstores too. I went last year--there were people dressed up, and there were games and such too. It was fun. smile

I also went to the midnight release of the most recent movie (and I got to see it in IMAX!). I plan to do so again for the next movie. smile
Gio

Barked: Tue Feb 27, '07 5:43am PST 
Naw ... I'm not all about the midnight releases. I don't do children well ... so avoiding large crowds of them is best for me. BOL laugh out loud
Gio

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '07 4:49pm PST 
Sorry for dragging this old thread up from the depths ... but there is new Harry Potter Dogster news!!

Rondo has started a new Harry Potter contest!

There are 4 first place prizes (one for each house) of a hand-made (by Rondo's mom) Hogwarts scarf! In addition to numerous rosettes and stars for the runners up.

Go check it out and tell your other Dogster pals that are nerdy Harry Potter fans!
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '07 7:48pm PST 
Cool! Risa got sorted. She's in Ravenclaw. wink

What a fun contest! Now I'm all psyched for the book AND the movie. I almost picked up "OotP" to reread last night but ran out of time before bed. However, I have a feeling I may be starting back into it again this week. Even though I told myself I wouldn't read a book so close to the movie again (after "PoA"). But it's still a few months off. big grin
Gio

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '07 7:55pm PST 
It's a tradition. I have to read the whole series "one more time" from beginning to end before I start on the new book. I started at Philosopher's Stone last week and am almost finished Chamber. It's taking me a little longer this time as I am sporadically sticking in some "school reading" into my nightly reading routine. (YAY for Mitf confused ... damn I will be happy when this paper is done.)
Mocha Bear- (Mokie),- VGG, KPA,

CEO of Rewarding- Behaviors Dog- Training

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '07 8:04am PST 
I'm a freak, yes, a FREAK about Harry Potter.

Funny. I pre-ordered the book on Amazon the other day, and was tempted to pay for the expedited shipping so it would arrive on the release date.

Then I remembered I'm camping with friends and touring the wineries near Cornell that weekend. I asked my hubby if he thought Amazon would be willing to ship the book directly to my campsite.

Unfortunately, he didn't think so, and he's probably right...

frown
Winnie

Anything you can- do I can do- cuter!

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '07 8:29pm PST 
I'm a complete Harry Potter nerd. I agree with Gio's beginning post about Dumbledore asking Snape to kill him. Yes, I do believe he is dead, and no, he's not coming back to life!

I think one of the things I really like about the HP books is Rowling's choice of names. For example- Severus Snape gives you images of a "strict, severe" person who snaps at you. Albus Dumbledore sounds like "bumblebee", a harmless, intelligent creature. Draco Malfoy reminds you of a malicious dracula.
  (Page 5 of 8: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8