Did you ever have one of those days, or months, when you put something down and then can’t find it? Things seem to just keep disappearing? David and Jennifer Swart from Warson Woods, MO have had that feeling a lot lately.
Every time they put down their 18-month-old daughter’s pacifier it seemed to vanish into thin air. They just kept buying more, until they noticed something. They noticed their Bulldog showing an unusual interest in the pacifiers and thought it was time for a trip to the vet.
After an x-ray was taken of Lulu’s stomach, showing an unusual gray area, she was headed for surgery.
The vet found 15 pacifiers, a bottle cap and a piece of a basketball in Lulu’s stomach. The vet saved the pacifiers, some of which had turned black from Lulu’s stomach acid, to show the Swart’s the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Sunday.
Lulu’s $808 surgery cost was covered by Veterinary Pet Insurance, a California insurer that declared Lulu’s case its most unusual for December after reviewing claims for dogs who ate nails, a packaged fire log, a whole turkey and several wigs, the Post-Dispatch reported.
A dog ate a packaged fire log and pacifiers were considered to be the most unusual item?
Our Most-Commented Stories