Since this is a dog blog, a couple times a month our boy Bo (woof!) thought it would be nice to get the news through a dogs eyes. Bo invites everyone to read a chapter from his upcoming book BAD TO THE BONE at Bo Knows. It’s a funny memoir about the crazy adventures we have shared together over the last 14 plus years, told through Bo’s eyes. Okay Bo, take it from here…..
Chocolate. The forbidden fruit.
I think its a fruit because its certainly not a vegetable, and truth be told, vegetables are deadly too. Its just that veggies steal a little of your soul one crappy asparagus tip at a time rather than the quick demise cocoa offers.
Check out how one Polly Purebred cheated death while cheating on her diet in this story from the BBC.
A dog narrowly avoided death after eating more than 20 chocolate cupcakes.
Polly, a one-year-old Patterdale terrier from Southampton, ate the cakes after being accidentally locked in the familys kitchen by her owners.
Owner Yvonne Taylor found the canine surrounded by chocolate wrappers and, knowing of the dangers of cocoa poisoning, contacted vets.
They gave her an injection to induce vomiting and then proceeded to wash out her stomach under a general anesthetic.
Luckily, Polly pulled through and survived.
I wouldnt need the injection. All they would have to do is force me to watch a cat lick itself after hitting the kitty litter box. That would induce plenty of vomiting. Projectile vomiting, to be exact. To me thats like peeing on a tree, not washing your paws afterwards, and then begging for some paw lickin barbeque ribs. Woof!