Thanks to Boston.com for this article.
Vet finishes spay surgery in the street
October 11, 2007
PITTSBURGH –A Pittsburgh-area veterinarian was forced to complete surgery on a dog in the street after a fire erupted at his clinic on Thursday.
Officials say the fire erupted at the Jasmine Veterinary Hospital in Springdale around noon just as Dr. Mark Jasmine was spaying a dog.
Jasmine, whose family lives on the top floor of the building, rushed to get his children out of the house. Then he removed the dog and cat that were in the clinic and completed the surgical procedure outside.