Awful: 5 Pit Puppies Poisoned During Pit Bull Awareness Event
Last Saturday, a Pennsylvania event aimed at raising awareness about Pit Bulls and fighting the stigma against the breed came to a devastating close. According to Ecorazzi, five of the Pit Bull puppies at the educational event were poisoned.
Organizers say that currently, three of the puppies are recovering while the other two have sadly passed away. An autopsy confirmed suspicions that the previously healthy pups were given poison. Veterinarians found indications of bleeding in the liver, which is a sign of poisoning through water.
The organizers also said they allowed visitors at the event to give the puppies water in order to encourage postivie interactions with Pit Bulls.
“We aren’t going to turn people down when they offer to put water in their pen; we never imagined that someone would be this malicious," Renae Metz, one of the founders of A Darrah Bull Bully Rescue, the animal charity involved, told We Are Central PA.
The folks responsible for the 8-week-old puppies said they kept a close eye on the animals throughout the event, and they are unsure who could have possibly poisoned the babies.
Everyone in support of the event is shocked that someone would go to this length to hurt innocent animals. Puppies will no longer be brought to similar events as a precaution.
”We want to press on and save as many dogs as we can,” Metz said. “This just turned us on to the fact that so many people are hateful and we just need to keep spreading the word that these are not bad dogs at all.”
If you are interested in helping Metz's efforts and spreading positive awareness about Pit Bulls, you can learn more here.
This article first ran on Pawnation. See more recent stories from their site: