A woman in Huntington Beach, CA. is credited with saving the life of a Chihuahua using CPR. She learned the technique by watching it on television.
Krisna Torres, 35, and her husband were the first to arrive at the birthday party Sunday for their friend’s 6-year-old daughter. When they got to the house, they noticed two dogs on top of a treehouse in the backyard.
Dog owner, Maricruz Cisneros, says she placed the dogs there and put chairs in front of the entrance to prevent them from running into the street.
Not long after Torres and her husband arrived, a young girl was heard screaming for help.
Charlene Cisneros says she checked on the dogs and was horrified to find one of them — a Chihuahua named Chicuaes — dangling by its leash and choking.
Krisna sprang into action and began breathing into the animal’s mouth.
“Krisna just saw the dog on the floor, picked her up and just started breathing mouth-to-mouth, putting her fingers in,” Charlene told KTLA.
Krisna says the dog’s breath wasn’t the best, but she only cared about saving Chicuaes’ life at that point in time.
And she did just that.
Chicaues gave a gasp and then began breathing after about two minutes of rescue breathing.
The dog was checked out at the vet and given a clean bill of health.
Our Most-Commented Stories