This is something we should know how to do. This article from the Vail Daily reminds us to stay up on our CPR.
Quick-thinking owner saves his dog
VAIL – A Sunday stroll for Dave Karli and his dog Jack quickly turned into a serious situation.
Karli and Jack were walking near their home in Edwards last month while a father and son were playing catch with a baseball nearby.
Jack, a Weimaraner mix, went to get some baseballs that were lying on the ground and tried to get several in his mouth. One went down his throat and got stuck in his airway.
Karli quickly realized his dog couldn’t breathe, and there wasn’t enough time to call a vet. Jack started turning blue.
Karli, a physician at the Steadman-Hawkins Clinic in Vail, reached his hand down Jack’s throat to try to clear his airway.
“I just kind of reacted,” Karli said. “I didn’t really have a whole lot of time to think about it.”
Our Most-Commented Stories