Illinois Man Injured Saving His Two Dogs From House Fire

Happy barks and howls go out this brave man and his two furbabies! Thanks to WBBM 780 for this news. Man Injured Rescuing Dogs From...

Joy  |  Apr 11th 2007


Happy barks and howls go out this brave man and his two furbabies!

Thanks to WBBM 780 for this news.

Man Injured Rescuing Dogs From Fire

RIVER GROVE, Ill. (STNG) — A River Grove man was taken to the hospital after he rescued his dogs from a fire in his home on Saturday.

An EMS Box was called for a blaze at 2429 Elk St., according to a River Grove Fire Department Chief Larry Lariviere. The fire started about 4:30 p.m.

The initial cause of the fire was a candle sitting atop the homeowners television set. The candle burned through its container and caused smoke and fire damage in the living room, the chief said.

After the man evacuated his house he returned to the house to retrieve his two dogs, Lariviere said. The man retrieved the dogs, but suffered smoke inhalation. He was taken to Gottlieb Memorial Hospital in Melrose Park with non-life threatening injuries.

The dogs were not injured, and a neighbor is temporarily taking care of them.

Follow this link to read the rest of the article.