Update: This position has been filled.
We are looking for a dog-loving, fun-loving, social media-savvy writer who can add to the Dogster family of blogs by writing pawesome dog-related posts for Dogster.com’s For The Love of Dog blog.
In addition to contributing up-to-date, educational and member-serving posts, you will build and maintain a community of readers and guest contributors so as to further enhance Dogster.com’s presence as a leading online social networking site.
* You are not only self-motivated and driven, but disciplined as well – able to write 15-20 posts per week and cover a variety of dog-related topics with a good balance of cute and fuzzy photo-centric posts and hard-hitting dog news.
* You are able to surf the Internet and find interesting, dog-related articles and material that you can then paraphrase and make available to your readers.
* In-depth knowledge of the dog universe is critical, as is a general awareness of dog food recalls, dog health and animal rescue/shelter issues. The right candidate will be a dog person through and through.
* You are familiar with the blogging platform in general and are able to implement micro-blogging tools, online community and social networking features so as to be able to cultivate, encourage, and expand your reader base.
* You are a social media maven and avid self-promoter and are already active on sites like digg, stumble upon, reddit, yahoo buzz, facebook and twitter. (Do send links to your profiles in your application.)
* You understand the importance of tapping into the blogger network and developing relationships with other online publishers for cross promotion and support.
* You have a general understanding of basic HTML code and can produce polished blog entries that are visually appealing and include source images and quotes from cited articles.
* You are sensitive to and aware of the Dogster.com community and can tailor your posts (and writing style, in general) to appeal to the particular needs and desires of our Dogster members.
* You want more out of a gig than just a paycheck.
The ideal candidate will understand how our reader-targeted communication efforts impact the greater web marketplace. He or she will demonstrate the ability to think creatively and work well independently. Qualified candidates have at least 3-5 years experience as a writer and an excellent command of the English language. They will be familiar with the entire family of Dogster.com blogs, and will communicate openly and regularly with the other bloggers, offering ideas, suggesting material, and cross promoting when appropriate.
Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org – and please put “Dog Blogger” in the subject line.
This is a part-time paid position.