Greenies --Pro or Con?
A couple of months ago I posted an article on Greenies. I'm still hearing from Dogsters about this issue. What's your view or experience with them? Nancy and Sadie are still very concerned that they may be causing harm to dogs.
Nancy & Sadie wrote:
Many news station, news papers and news shows have done stories about how harmful "greenies" are to our pets. Many dogs have died and others have needed life saving surgery to save them, yet the product still remains a #1 seller. I was wondering if you could include a story on Greenies in the dogster blog as many dog owners read what you post daily. There is a ton of
information, news reports on this site, BurtsCause.
If you post a story and it saves one life, you are a hero!
Here is more information on the Greenies issue from BurtsCause.
Burt", a rescued Miniature Dachshund, died July 25, 2005. He was approximately 4 years old.
A pet treat called a Greenie," manufactured by a Missouri-based company called, S&M NuTec obstructed his intestines. He died 48 hours after the obstruction was surgically removed. As a result of his death a lawsuit against S&M NuTec was filed in the New York Supreme Court in New York City, on November 30, 2005 by his owners, Jennifer and Michael.
Burt died 3 years to-the-day that he came into his owners lives. He is dearly missed and his family is heartbroken. He is not replaceable. His owners are committed to making sure that his death was not in vain.
Burtscause.com will provide a very public forum for interested parties to share opinions about pet products as well as providing pertinent information for the safe care and protection of pets. Owners need to be armed with information about the products they are buying and using. Only then can they make intelligent choices for their 4-legged family members. And, if the manufacturers wont supply that information to you then we will - right here for everyone to see and share. This is Burts cause.
What is your experience with Greenies? Good? Bad? Let your fellow Dogsters know. Bark in!